Upgrade is here, what should I get instead of my Xperia x10?

kstandish42

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade will be here in about two months meaning, I have all of the time int he world to decide what to get, however I am thoroughly unimpressed with at&t. Besides, I don't want to repeat the experience of getting a seemingly great phone and end up with a two year debacle. Any suggestions? :-\

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My best suggestion is to not buy a device for what it will do in the future, buy it for what it will do right now. After all these years of people complaining about updates, people need to realize that you're getting what you get when you purchase your device. Get the best for your timeframe, don't long for unannounced, unreleased phones with mystery specs.

Also, your upgrade being available and your contract end-date are two different things. If you're looking to switch, keep that in mind.

kstandish42

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was planning on ending the contract and making the switch to sprint but I would rather take the possibility of lte, over wimax and slower 3g data speeds if it is unlimited. I was thinking of getting the lg nitro, but i don't like the possibility of getting stuck on gingerbread as every phone manufacturer is varying on time frames for ics, any past experience with their build quality/phones etc?