Authentication Problem Solved

Karolis Kurelaitis

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I know a lot of you guys, android users faced this problem, I've red a lot of threads about it. Some of user say that you have to buy new router. But that is not truth. Easiest way to solve this problem is to go to:
Control Panel/Network/Network Infrastructure and press the second mouse button on your routers icon/Then press View device webpage/When you are in the webpage you'll need login and password which is usually admin, admin. Press ok and continue/Go to Network Connections/LAN Wireless 802.11g Access Point (it's called that in my computer)/Wireless/Then search for name "security" after that you just choose security type near that name and just select "None"/Confirm your change in the bottom of the page and you should probably have no authentication problems from now on. (Marking security as "None" makes your connection password disappear. But I believe if you put your security back on you'll have the same error back again.
Even if you won't have the security, you will still save up some money instead of buying new router.
Also I didn't checked all of the security possibilities. Some of them might also work.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Authentication Problem Sloved

Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for that input. I would caution people against completely removing router security, though, unless they have no nearby neighbors who could potentially piggyback off their internet or worse yet, snoop or hack into their network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463