A few questions/comments/concerns for the Xperia PLAY

Sp@rK-MAN

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I've recently picked up the Play, and I'd have to say I absolutely love it (especially with the classic PSP live background).

I've already have most of the "oid" emulator on it, however I've noticed that the N64iod lags slightly, and psx4Droid does not seem to work properly at all. I did want to know how the FPSE did on it and is it worth the buy? Also, has anyone heard rumor of a DS emu?

A concern I have is Madden 11 tends to lag a lot and Asphalt 6 ever so slightly. Has anyone has this issue? If so, what kind of configuration setting can I manipulate to make these run more smoothly.

Also, anyone review BackStab, RainbowSix, or Modern Combat 2?

This is just random, but I think it would be cool if someone made a launcher that mirrored the original PSP interface.

Speaking of PSP, are they compatible with FSPE or psx4Droid?

Last one, what are some good tips for optimizing the stock android 2.3 on the PLAY? What are some thing that I must do to it?

Sorry for the lengthyness, I can turn a simple thought into several written pages.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
ill try my best to help you out

PSX4Droid...no luck for me, however FPSe works like a dream...actually just played and finished Mega Man X4 yesterday on it

No issues on lag for Asphalt or Madden...however, I've only played a few minutes into each.

the PSP systems themselves are running off of Sony's XMB system, not Android...so those systems will not play Android apps

jimmysombrero

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have Backstab and Rainbow 6 and both run pretty well. There are a few moments in BS that lag when you are in a crowded town, but it doesn't really adversely effect gameplay. There are other games such as Samurai II: Vengeance, Dungeon Defenders Second Wave and Galaxy on Fire 2 that have great visuals and don't lag at all. Also the Bruce Lee game that comes preloaded is a great fighting game and runs very well. Sometimes I think Gameloft needs to do a little more optimization.

FPSe is definitely worth the purchase price. I have had the phone since launch and FPSe for just about as long and the app has been updated at least 4 times so there is constant improvement. I have yet to find a game that doesn't work and I've tried about 6 or 7 including Metal Gear Solid, Marvel vs Capcom and FF7. The only complaint I have about FPSe is that it doesn't yet support the joystick pads, but I'm confident that will come in a future update.

Also, if you are looking for an SNES emulator, I recommend SNES9x. It runs well and has been updated to support the gamepad.

As far as optimization, about the only thing you can do is try to move some of the pre-installed games to your SD card. Also, if you format your SD card you will erase the game data for the games that you don't want to play. The only bad thing is that the first time that you open a game that you do want to play you will have to wait for all the data to be downloaded. We have to wait for root to be able to really optimize it much more than that.

STEINBERG5

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The emulators work well and should be updated to be compatible with the buttons. The code for the buttons is all open source, so nothing is proprietary. Cordy is a very fun game for the phone, it seems to be very similar to Little Big Planet.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have Backstab and Rainbow 6 and both run pretty well. There are a few moments in BS that lag when you are in a crowded town, but it doesn't really adversely effect gameplay. There are other games such as Samurai II: Vengeance, Dungeon Defenders Second Wave and Galaxy on Fire 2 that have great visuals and don't lag at all. Also the Bruce Lee game that comes preloaded is a great fighting game and runs very well. Sometimes I think Gameloft needs to do a little more optimization.

FPSe is definitely worth the purchase price. I have had the phone since launch and FPSe for just about as long and the app has been updated at least 4 times so there is constant improvement. I have yet to find a game that doesn't work and I've tried about 6 or 7 including Metal Gear Solid, Marvel vs Capcom and FF7. The only complaint I have about FPSe is that it doesn't yet support the joystick pads, but I'm confident that will come in a future update.

Also, if you are looking for an SNES emulator, I recommend SNES9x. It runs well and has been updated to support the gamepad.

As far as optimization, about the only thing you can do is try to move some of the pre-installed games to your SD card. Also, if you format your SD card you will erase the game data for the games that you don't want to play. The only bad thing is that the first time that you open a game that you do want to play you will have to wait for all the data to be downloaded. We have to wait for root to be able to really optimize it much more than that.

I have a question about metal gear. I got it and it doesnt work for me and I use fpse. Thats the only game so far that hasn't worked. Where did you get yours?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo