Did I buy a piece of Crap?

mad-dog74

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Thinking I bought a piece of crap? Is this true Android?

I bought this for my 6 year old to play Angry Birds.... the app market is noit good so I tried downloading from getjar.com. It downloaded and installed, but when I open it the screen goes blank... locks up... and I have to reboot.

Just wondering if there is anything I can try or if I should just return it.

Does anyone know if the $169 that is advertized on Light in the Box (Android Central's homepage) will have full access to the app market and will download angry birds.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
IMO most android tablets so far are pieces of crap made cheaply by Chinese companies who are taking advantage of the ipad-generated tablet hype.

I have yet to see a good one, save maybe for the Galaxy Tab.

They either have an old version of android, or use subpar hardware, or both. Then there's the lack of the android market which just compound the issue...

Heck I just spent the afternoon in Akihabara in Tokyo looking for tablets. Didn't see anything appealing...

One with good hardware though, the 10" luvpad with froyo was the closest one to something I might see myself buying. But no android market is a deal breaker.

Sorry to say but you most probably did buy a pos.

Sent from my SH-03C

mad-dog74

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Can someone at least advise me on the android version I have? The specs says it is 2.0.... I am thinking 1.6 by looking.

The seller offers exchanges only... no refunds. I can dispute it with my credit card company though for it not being what the specs said.