In the market for a tablet.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello forum, my brother is in the market for a tablet. He is a blackberry user and called me this morning for advice on the ipad. I told him there are alot more tablets, not just ipad. I was wondering what you guys would suggest as a beginner tablet. Should be wifi capable as well as a data plan. He said his budget is about $500. If the ipad is best for him, then so be it, but I'm just looking for honest, non bashing advice.

Thanks

Bikermolly

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I've got an iPad , using it just now. They are really good to use. This is the first version. Had it since march. However I would think the samsung galaxy is quite a good choice or the dell model. Looks like you are in USA , this is the UK .

andxoomy

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello forum, my brother is in the market for a tablet. He is a blackberry user and called me this morning for advice on the ipad. I told him there are alot more tablets, not just ipad. I was wondering what you guys would suggest as a beginner tablet. Should be wifi capable as well as a data plan. He said his budget is about $500. If the ipad is best for him, then so be it, but I'm just looking for honest, non bashing advice.

Thanks
If he wants to use it to do his web browsing and needs the device to have flash then he will want to go android or some other non-apple route. Also a better choice for customizing and a personalized tablet experience. You get alot of choice with android and more free app.
Apples have less bugs more app's and in most cases a sharper looking design but usually a bigger price tag. You will also have less choice on how you choose to use the device, you have to buy every thing from apple,cables,apps and music and the lack of flash support means much of the internet will not be available.

robkort

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Pandigital Nova 7" tablet is out for $170 on BestBuy. The specs are not great but there is lots of workarounds to get the market and flash working. Web browsing is also pretty good on it. It has already been rooted also. Give it a shot, for what you pay is really worth it. If anything, you have 30 days to try it out.

Sent from my stock Atrix 2.3.4 using Tapa :)

andxoomy

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You may want to tell your brother to hold off on his purchase. There will be alot of next generation tabs with better specs and design coming in the fall. The top end stuff will cost ya but it should also bring down the price of the models currently on the market.