Rooted and partitioned my ZTE Midnight but still running out of space.

Brad Travis

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I rooted my ZTE Midnight and partitioned the SD card. I'm using Link2sd to free up space and it worked initially giving me 80-somethingMB of free space on the internal. Now I have only 37MB. Some of my apps, I know which ones, are taking up extra space. I don't know how to fix that. I know I can delete the apps but I don't want to. Any ideas?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my ZTE Midnight and partitioned the SD card. I'm using Link2sd to free up space and it worked initially giving me 80-somethingMB of free space on the internal. Now I have only 37MB. Some of my apps, I know which ones, are taking up extra space. I don't know how to fix that. I know I can delete the apps but I don't want to. Any ideas?
Unfortunately the only solution (aside from further repartitioning the SD card) is to delete those apps to clear space, and/or find alternatives to those apps.

Other short term fixes is to periodically go through and clear cache of the top apps consuming the most storage. Go into system settings > applications > sort by size. Click on the few top apps and clear cache. Again, this is only a temporary fix, as you'll once again be back to the limit as cache starts to rebuild.