Get an S3 or wait for something new?

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay so my contract runs out in May next year but I don't want to have to stay with my HTC Desire S on a low tariff so I'm going to pay off my contract and get a new one. I work in carphone warehouse so ill get discount off so I don't mind paying more because I want a good price plan with a proper phone, something like the Galaxy S3? I don't know whether to wait until a new phone comes out and get that or just pay off now and get the S3. Advice would be awesome! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

agentmobile

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'd get the S3 it's an awesome phone. I'm trading my iPhone for one tmrw lol. My buddy has a new in the box S3 and he really wants the iPhone , so it worked out for both of us. I like the iPhone but I like android even more and I'm willing to sacrifice the quality of the iPhone for a powerful customizable phone like the S3. It's actually a really nice feeling phone even tho its plastic the screen is amazing plus I just like the overall feel of it. I really want to experience jellybean and I heard the S3 is getting it soon so your good to get it I'd say, unless u want to wait a few months for the next Nexus

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Wait until the S3s are shipping with JB and then pick it up. Or... If you can hold off a couple months there will probably be some new devices announced for the holiday season that might be pretty sweet.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Android Central Forums

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah thanks, I'm not sure what I'll do at the moment because I get paid in about a week so I'll have enough money to pay off my contract. Yeah iphones are good and reliable, but I love android operating system and how customisable it is so good choice on swapping the 5 for an S3! Yeah I might wait until around Christmas because then paying off my contract will be cheaper and I'll have more money :D and then there might be some crazy new phones out, either way I'm sticking with android!

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The S3 is the top of the line in terms of Android. The Nexus 4 might have just been released and is "pure Google" with JB 4.2 but the S3 has better hardware and if you really want JB there are plenty of custom ROMs that are based on JB.

So what did you end up buying?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
In the end just flashed the PACman ROM on my Desire S. The main problem was I didn't really have the money to pay my contract off. I'll most likely get something around christmas when I have more money! It would be cool to have another Nexus Device plus the new Nexus 4 is a lot cheaper than an S3!

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The S3 is the top of the line in terms of Android. The Nexus 4 might have just been released and is "pure Google" with JB 4.2 but the S3 has better hardware and if you really want JB there are plenty of custom ROMs that are based on JB.

So what did you end up buying?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Actually, the Nexus 4 has much better hardware. Snapdragon S4 Pro, 2 GB RAM, etc. LTE isn't everything.

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I ended up getting the Nexus 4, I bought out my contract and few days ago and took out a new contract with O2. I prefer this to an S3 anyday. I absolutely love the feel of the phone and it looks so much nicer than the S3 with the Glass front and back, especially with the awesome back! With my discount ill be paying ?15 a month for the phone with Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 1gb of intenet. I probably would have preferred to buy it sim-free and get a sim only monthly rolling contract so I wasn't tied down but I didn't have the money to be paying out ?300 on a phone to have to wait for it to even come it stock. Anyway I'd recommend this phone to anyone who is thinking of getting a new phone or even if you're not!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty