Galaxy S5 VS Note 3 VS HTC One M8

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 VS Note 3 VS Galaxy S5

I think that it is easy to compare most flagship Android devices with the exception of the Note 3. I say that because the s-pen creates a very different experience when it comes to smartphones. I'm not saying that it is the best smartphone, but that tool makes it decidedly unique. I know a lot of Note users that have a difficult time even considering another device because the s-pen and its features have become a part of their daily usage so much that not having it would diminish their experience.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

I have the same setup as you and agree on all counts. I much prefer carrying the M8 around as my personal phone, but the S-pen is indispensable for my work.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

I never used the spen when I had the Note2 - well apart from playing around with it so I really appreciate the narrower M8.
Fits in the pocket easier and easier to use one handed (apart from the slipperiness.)

I do miss the huge screen on the Note though, the M8 screen still feels tiny even after three weeks of use.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

This completely comes down to needs and preferences,go to a store and test them,for me i like HTC phones,and not just build quality,i feel the radios are better then Samsung phones also i prefer lcd over amlod,but i work outside,i could care less about the camera,i still feel that the radios are the most important part of a smartphone.but opinions will vary.

hg1027

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Does the S5 camera and IP67 not really make a difference to you guys? Those are the things swaying my decision at the moment, I want to like the M8 but it's not putting up much of a fight.

Posted via Android Central App

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Does the S5 camera and IP67 not really make a difference to you guys?

Nope. Neither one of those are important discriminators for me. The M8 camera is good enough for the way I use phone cams (hardly ever) and I don't need a waterproof phone.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Does the S5 camera and IP67 not really make a difference to you guys? Those are the things swaying my decision at the moment, I want to like the M8 but it's not putting up much of a fight.

Nope....the camera on the m8 is better then you think. Also the software including zoes is an all round better experience. Couple that with front speakers n a phone that does not lag makes the m8 a winner for me....

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Really no such thing as "the best".
It's all subjective; what matters to you should be your deciding factor(s).
As we've seen you will get a myriad of opinions.....and since you are asking this question on the M8 board I'm pretty certain how this will go.
No different than if you were to ask the same question on the Note3 or S5 board(s).
Aesthetics, screen size, internals, material, battery, camera....and on and on, are all factors and should be decided by you,
Once you make that decision who cares what some strangers opinion is of the phone. You got what you got to fit your needs.
And if someone tells you you made the wrong choice, laugh to yourself and realize that this person probably has issues beyond "phone choices".
Good luck, all of the above are at the top of their respective game.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Could you imagine a Note3 Sized screen, boom speakers, awesome camera, solid build, 1000 Snapdragon processor with 5GB of RAM, 64GB of storage....
Oh wait, it's probably a few months away, unfortunately it may look like this....
I have both the m8 and the note 3. It's a really tough decision I really like the responsiveness of the m8 and the speakers but I really like the screen size of the note 3. I have been carrying my note 3 more than the m8 but it's really close. Battery life seems better on the m8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

My young daughter uses the S Pen on my N3...that's about it. I still find it faster to scribble a quick note on my Palm Pilot (also known as my hand).
I agree that when going to a smaller screen you never really get over it. I went from a 5" DNA to the 4.7" M7...always bugged me.

I never used the spen when I had the Note2 - well apart from playing around with it so I really appreciate the narrower M8.
Fits in the pocket easier and easier to use one handed (apart from the slipperiness.)

I do miss the huge screen on the Note though, the M8 screen still feels tiny even after three weeks of use.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

My young daughter uses the S Pen on my N3...that's about it. I still find it faster to scribble a quick note on my Palm Pilot (also known as my hand).
I agree that when going to a smaller screen you never really get over it. I went from a 5" DNA to the 4.7" M7...always bugged me.

I found it faster to type out a note on my phone than to write it. It was one of the reasons I decided that I didn't need the Note 3. I had no problems going from the Note to a smaller device. I always seem able to adjust to the size of the phone that I have. I thought the Note 3 was great for what it was. But I found faster more efficient options. If I had to take notes, lets say in a meeting, I would rather type them out on my iPad with bluetooth keyboard. If I'm on the go and need to record a note, it is actually easier to use Siri for that. Action memo is nice, but some of the features exist in other note apps.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Got to mess w a friends m8 the other night. The speakers sounded good and bassy, but other than that I would still choose my note3.

The great thing about the s5 is its a preview of sorts to what the note4 will be like.. just like the s4 was to the note3.

Still dont mind samsung using plastic.. the metal on the HTC doesn't appeal to me.. but that's me...

Yeah I can also careless that the M8 is made of aluminum. I always have a case on my phone so I don't mind phones that are made from plastic.

Posted Via AT&T Galaxy Note 3

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

I have both the m8 and the note 3. It's a really tough decision I really like the responsiveness of the m8 and the speakers but I really like the screen size of the note 3. I have been carrying my note 3 more than the m8 but it's really close. Battery life seems better on the m8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The Note 3 was released 6 months ago and still holds its own against devices that have just been released.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Really no such thing as "the best".
It's all subjective; what matters to you should be your deciding factor(s).
As we've seen you will get a myriad of opinions.....and since you are asking this question on the M8 board I'm pretty certain how this will go.
No different than if you were to ask the same question on the Note3 or S5 board(s).
Aesthetics, screen size, internals, material, battery, camera....and on and on, are all factors and should be decided by you,
Once you make that decision who cares what some strangers opinion is of the phone. You got what you got to fit your needs.
And if someone tells you you made the wrong choice, laugh to yourself and realize that this person probably has issues beyond "phone choices".
Good luck, all of the above are at the top of their respective game.

Yes I agree I just wanted opinions from people who own The S5 and M8.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

The Note 3 was released 6 months ago and still holds its own against devices that have just been released.

The Note 3 is the only all-in-one device on the market in my opinion. I think that is part of the appeal for the series.

Sent from thr Note 3...and yeah, its spectacular.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non