Droid Turbo vs Moto X

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I had a Note 3 and then upgraded to a Note Edge but, the Note Edge is way to big when I am in the car and/or trying to handle it with 1 hand. So, I am looking at another phone. I only had the Moto X for 3 days (long story between Big Red and Motorola) before I had to decide whether I wanted to return the product or not. To avoid taking a chance, I returned the device.

So, now I am looking at the Droid Turbo or the Moto X. I really liked the cards in the Moto X as well as the functionality that comes with the Hello Moto X response as well. Are both of those in the Droid Turbo/ Is there anyone coming from a Note variety to a Droid Turbo?

Thanks

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a Note 3 and then upgraded to a Note Edge but, the Note Edge is way to big when I am in the car and/or trying to handle it with 1 hand. So, I am looking at another phone. I only had the Moto X for 3 days (long story between Big Red and Motorola) before I had to decide whether I wanted to return the product or not. To avoid taking a chance, I returned the device.

So, now I am looking at the Droid Turbo or the Moto X. I really liked the cards in the Moto X as well as the functionality that comes with the Hello Moto X response as well. Are both of those in the Droid Turbo/ Is there anyone coming from a Note variety to a Droid Turbo?

Thanks

The DROID Turbo has Moto Voice.

What "cards" are you referring to in the Moto X?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The DROID Turbo has Moto Voice.

What "cards" are you referring to in the Moto X?

They were notifications that came on and avoided having to wake the device to view them. You then had the option to dismiss them accordingly.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They were notifications that came on and avoided having to wake the device to view them. You then had the option to dismiss them accordingly.

Active Display: If you're referring to this, the DROID Turbo has it.

Ambient Display: If you're referring to this, the Moto X you saw might have had Lollipop on it. The DROID Turbo would have this option when it gets updated to Lollipop.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Ambient Display: If you're referring to this, the Moto X you saw might have had Lollipop on it. The DROID Turbo would have this option when it gets updated to Lollipop.

Are there any rumors as to when the Turbo is going to be getting Lollipop?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

No Android 5.0? That is surprising. I would have expected the Motorola products to be first in line. The Galaxy S5 from Verizon has 5.0 even though, the change is minimal since TW is on top of it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No Android 5.0? That is surprising. I would have expected the Motorola products to be first in line. The Galaxy S5 from Verizon has 5.0 even though, the change is minimal since TW is on top of it.

Motorola has been busy updating the Moto X (second gen), Moto G, and Moto E to Lollipop. DROID Turbo will still get it.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Since the Turbo is available exclusively on Verizon, they are not making it a priority for Lollipop. The Turbo will get it.