Note 5 vs iPhone 6s

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like...

I'm planning to get both too because...I'm an addict...LOL

I love both platforms!!!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like...

I would have to disagree from my experience. I had apps constantly re-draw every time on my iPhone 6+ if I left the app for more than 2-3 minutes.
Yeah. I had that same issue. If you're used to Android and leaving something open all day in the background, it was a pain. You would leave an app (like Safari when I would be reading an article) and come back to it and it would redraw and I'd have to scroll to find where I was. Not the end of the world, but an annoyance nonetheless. That was a RAM issue. 2gb of RAM and that probably wouldn't happen and the phone would be just as fast.

I doubt I'll get the 6S+, but not because I don't like iOS. More because I gotta stop switching phones and the Note 5 seems like just about the perfect phone for me. And I guess I need to be able to feed my kids, too...

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

My adult answer would be, iOS just wasn't working for me. I got out at the beginning of iOS 8 because I couldn't handle being duct taped into a box with the same hardware but in a different form. Yes, Apple likes to perfect their products, and they don't seem to ever be too badly rushed when engineering and releasing (obviously), but I'm a gambler and I like to roll the dice and Android gives me that.

There is no minute change that Apple could make that would make me go back. It'd have to be so drastic my head explodes.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: So there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note

Had an iPhone back in the day.....ordered my Note 5 and expected arrival day is this Wednesday :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

I came from the 6+ 16g. But gave it to my wife as her 5s broke. I was going to use my backup nexus 5 and wait for the 6s+ 64g. Iphone 6 plus was the first iphone I used since the 3gs and I really enjoyed it, especially the battery life.

When I heard the announcement of the note 5 I checked it out being a phone nerd. I really liked what I seen, and figured I can save a few hundred bucks and get the note 5. (had to buy outright) Great phone, and I wasn't a Samsung fan at all. Despised them in fact. Was a nexus fan. But really enjoy this gem. 😉

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I dislike Apple products (to say the least) but for some reason, this year, I'm kind of eagerly and quietly anticipating it being really good so it blows the doors off any manufacturer that is trying to compete with them.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

What's an iPhone?

dreaming of electric sheep

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

i like open and free. i like to customize and tinker. i like choice and freedom. hence - i choose Android.

Nexus 5 + AT&T GoPhone

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

I just carry around both platforms

-Personal/media device is the 6+ then the 6s+ once released
-Work phone is the Note 5

Both are fantastic phones and both have pros/cons, simple as that

Attachments

• DSC_0066.JPG
    DSC_0066.JPG
    505.7 KB · Views: 118

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

fumbling around with two devices all day is silly, clumsy, inefficient, and typically unnecessary in 2015. i'm a minimalist. i like simplicity. i hate clutter. less is more.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

I've been an Android user since the HTC G1. Some here probably recognize my username, I'm always in the pre-order threads for every new Samsung phone. I've had every Galaxy and every Note device (along with many other manufacturer's phones). I decided to try my first ever iPhone a few weeks ago and purchased the 6+. I used it for a few weeks but switched back to the Note 5 on launch day..

The iPhone is a great phone and works amazingly well. The RAM difference is irrelevant, as the 6+ with 1 GB of RAM was just about as smooth as this Note 5 with 4 GB. I switched back because iOS was a little too basic for what I need my phone for. For example, I never realized how much I rely on the ability to set default apps until it was gone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site

you make an excellent point. No need to decide which is the better phone.

If I can afford to buy both Ferrari and Lamborghini, why should I limit myself to
just one car?

Buy BOTH! Drive the Ferrari to the racetrack to bet on horses(my one vice)
and drive the Lamborghini to the steakhouse for a nice juicy 50-ounce rare steak
(forgot to pay my dues and my PETA membership lapsed)

Come to think of it, I will also need a third car. How about a nice 911 Turbo cabrio
for trips to Home Depot? (so I can carry long pieces of lumber home)

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

I have a Galaxy S6 and a Note 3. When the iPhone 6S+ (or 7 or whatever it's going to be called) comes out, if it has a seriously mega camera, I may jump ship. It's just whether I will be able to go back to the Apple environment from Android. A lot of the reasons I left there iPhone are now moot - can't drag and drop videos and music onto it was a big one for me, but with the advent of Netflix and Google Play Music/Spotify that really isn't a big deal any more. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the S6, it is absolutely brilliant. Especially now 5.1.1 seems to have fixed up a lot of the memory problems (not completely sadly - Relay Pro still loses where I am when I switch in and out, which is really irritating), but I am obsessed with getting the best camera possible. It will take a lot for the new iPhone to beat the S6 though, the double press to open it is so fast, and the quality of pictures is stunning. I love taking photos, so a seriously amazing camera on a phone is pretty much top of the list for me (please nobody say 'Nokia 1520'... too slow and old now!), but I am not in any way prejudiced against a phone just because it has a Hipster image. That's just cutting your nose off to spite your face, isn't it?

The new Note 5 isn't coming to the UK officially, which sucks. Not that I would have got one (although, if it had been released with the S6 I definitely WOULD have got one). Non-swappable battery is a bit of a pain, but I carry around a fast-charge Xiaomi 10,000 mAh battery now instead of a spare battery.

Yes, it is a little bit of a pain, but not that much as I take a bag everywhere anyway and it sits in a pocket. The SD card thing I really don't care about at all; I have always seen them as a big pain. Not being able to install apps in them (yes, I know you can sort of on some phones, but it is a poor solution at best) and having your phone split into two drives is just irritating. My S6 is 64gb and it's SO much better than my S5 with a 64gb card in it, which I STILL had to be constantly file managing - once you install a couple of big games, all the space in it's little 16gb memory is just sucked out of it.

I can't wait to see the iPhone though.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I don't use iPhones. I've had to use one a couple of times and the that is just not something I'm interested in.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

The day an iPhone has all the features and functionality of a note, I'll consider it but until then any new iPhone will just be the same iPhone that came out in 2009. I like technology to move forward not crawl.

Posted via the Android Central App

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

The day an iPhone has all the features and functionality of a note, I'll consider it but until then any new iPhone will just be the same iPhone that came out in 2009. I like technology to move forward not crawl.

Posted via the Android Central App

The one thing about iPhone though is they might not push out feature set galore, but what they do push out works extremely well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I don't really have a problem with iPhones, they are really solid devices with mid range specs. But I just get bored with them after a few months and really miss my Android customization.

BobB67

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

To each their own, but I prefer Android. I also though the iPhone 6 didn't feel great in hand, and iOS is just too limiting. Also, BS that iOS runs great on such limited RAM, Apple continues to bone it's customers on RAM and storage and people keep making excuses for them.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87