Share your best Pokemon Go Tips & Tricks!

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Eevee evolves, if you have an Eevee you are going to evolve, you can force it into one of three evolve forms. That is Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon. They are Water, Electric, and Fire respectively. To do this, you rename your Eevee "Rainer", "Sparky", and "Pyro" also respectively. These guys power up with Eevee candies. Understand this: You can only force evolve into each form ONE TIME. That means you can force evolve into one of each. So, that would be something to consider. It doesn't matter if you have one of the three forms, just one force of each type.

The FASTEST way to gain XP is a very important trick. Totally legit. I don't cheat, not that guy. If you save your evolves and do them a bunch at a time you can get 500 xp per evolve. Now here's the trick. Gather a bunch of them, around 30 to 40, and set off a lucky egg, which doubles your XP for 30 minutes, and do all your evolving in that time frame. This will make each evolve worth 1000 xp. Also, if you happen to evolve into a NEW form that you haven't seen yet, that gives you another 500 XP, doubling to 1000 XP. So, evolving a new form is 2000 XP per evolve. My kids and I call it an Evolve Party. You can get a level or two early in your levels and in the teens you'll certainly gain a level until your late teens. It takes 30 seconds to evolve and just a little longer if it is a new one, so you can theoretically get 60 evolves in a single egg... but that ain't actually happening, trust me.

The best to evolve are Pidgey, Weedle, and Caterpie all only require 12 candies to evolve. Each catch gives you 3 candies plus the pokemon, if you turn it in to the professor you get another, so every 3 catches of these guys is an evolve.

Final evolve part tip is, set up which ones you want to evolve, and star them so they are on top of you list, if you sort by star, so that you don't have to dig for them wasting precious time.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I did the mass evolves also and got 47 to 49 per egg. I went out every 5 evolves in case the game locked up on me. I lost a bunch of XP… Once.

I now do them as I am out and about, when using a lucky egg. Even with three lured stops within range, there can be slack times. I will do a few and even if I get an alert that something popped up, there is still time to do another and transfer them before it disappears. You can tell if it is something common to the area or something interesting by the reactions of folks around you.

I don’t fill my bag up with any pokeymon while waiting for enough candies to evolve one. I see no reason to have 10 of something if I only have enough candies to evolve one or two. I transfer them as I capture them. This leaves me enough space (without buying more) to save all the ones I might want to evolve to save and check their stats that night. I then ‘favorite’ the better ones, arrange ‘A to Z’ and check to make sure I save at least one of each species before deleting the lower power ones.

For the ones I want to use in gyms, I save two of a species. One to battle with and my best one to toss in the gym. I paused to revive one and three others claim jumped and put crap ones into a gym I just took over… Once. I mean come on now, a 184 Weedle instead of nice Dragonite?

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a recent tip for catching. With the latest bug making critters hard to catch, I was told one that really helped. I go to one spot that has 4 or 5 Abras in a few hours. I was throwing Ultraballs at 200 CP Abras and they would escape and run after their first catch! This is with a raspberry also. Tried regular balls and great balls too, same results. Frustrating to say the least.

If I use a great ball, give it a sparkle spin and hit it, I almost always capture them. Regular and ultra do not capture them, even with the spin. I have used this technique on others I want to save, same results. Yes, some will still run or escape but the capture rate is significantly higher. Regular and ultra balls with the spin have a good capture rate but with great balls it is much higher. Besides, who had a ton of ultra balls to waste!

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Save battery life

In order to prevent it from eating into tons of battery, tap on the Poké Ball, tap on the settings icon at the top right and then toggle the switch next to Battery Saver.

I think that only helps on phones with OLED-type displays. For other phones the backlight stays on.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Candie Farming

I do what is known as “Candie Farming”. I will spend time at a known nest to just catch a species to build up the candies for it. I may not have one to evolve or power-up at the time but when I do, I will have the candies to do it with. Most times, you will not find a keeper at a nest, only garbage iv’s to trade for candies. But check all the big ones, you never know!

Example: One park was an Onix nest for the last migration. In 3 days (18 hours) of hunting I gathered over 1,100 candies. That is correct, over 250 of them!!! I have only hatched two and seen a few in the wild so didn’t have a ton of candies on hand. I targeted them and didn’t really catch anything else for that time. Just ran from one to another as they popped up. I might need them for second gen, or maybe just to trade a nice Onix with someone. But chances to get candies for something like that are few and far between, go for it while the getting is good.

Another Example: One area spawns Dratini, you can get 10 to 25 in an 8-hour day. There are also a ton of Magikarp, Psyducks and Slowpokes there. I will forsake going for max XP to level and concentrate on farming Magikarp, Psyduck, Slowpoke and of course, Dratini candies. I will go until I have enough for a couple Dragonites then hit another nest or spend time gaining XP and wait until I come across a worthy Dratini.

Bottom line. If you hear of a good nest for a species, head for it and put some time in farming the candies. A good nest, say for Bulbasaur, you should be able to get enough for a Venasaur in a day with enough left to power one up. That is only 32 of them for the evolve. You can use (AND CONTRIBUTE) to Silph road nest atlas. Ask around at parks where others Pokey, they might have heard of one too. I heard of a town where the central area is “infested” with Pidgies. A man I pokey with showed me his bag, he had over 6,000 Pidgie candies! I will be headed there for a few days to farm Pidgie candies. With just over 2,000,000 XP to level, I need to do a lot of evolving.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My usage of the game declined heavily over time _ I'm more of a Game Boy/SP/DS fanatic - but I would just try to look anywhere and everywhere for Pokémon. In cabs, walking to work, in parks, etc.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Iv’s have absolutely nothing to do with a Pokemons’ ability to battle. They only have to do with max CP potential. I captured a wild 0% Dragonite. That is right, 0, 0, 0. It battled every bit as well as another Dragonite of similar CP, the same attacks and an iv of 91. I named them “A” and “B” and had someone else battle with them. They could not tell me which had the lower iv.

So, if evolving for strictly attackers, go with the highest CP, to save on candies and stardust. If you plan on them as defenders, use the highest CP so they reach their max potential CP.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
In order to prevent it from eating into tons of battery, tap on the Poké Ball, tap on the settings icon at the top right and then toggle the switch next to Battery Saver.

So thats why my screen goes black when i tilt the phone down! I was wondering why this was happening :D haha. #Noob Ive only recently started playing on my personal phone so was looking for battery saving things but when i ticked the box initially i never noticed anything so presumed the Dev just put it in there for giggles to make people be like 'does it do anything?' lol

tony_clark01

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I was going this trick of How to take down Gyms faster in Pokemon Go game. So i felt like it may be helpful to others. So here is what to do:

It typically takes three rounds to take down a fully motivated Gym in Pokémon Go. If there's only one defender, that's three battles total. If it's a full six defenders, that's 18 battles. If you attack in groups, usually you all go together and it still takes three rounds or up to 18 battles for everyone.

If you attack in waves, though, you can get that down to one round each.

1. Attacker 1 enters the Gym and battles defender 1.
  2. When attacker 1 defeats defender 1, attacker 2 enters and starts battling defender 1.
  3. When attacker 1 defeats defender 2, and attacker 2 defeats defender 1, attacker 3 enters and starts battling defender 1.
  4. When attacker 1 defeats defender 6, they can either stop or jump in and help attacker 3 with defender 4. Either way, by the time attacker 3 is done, the Gym should be done too.

If you have more than 3 people, you can team up for the waves. Two people can do the first wave, for example. You only ever need three waves, though, because that's usually how many battles you need to take down the Gym.

You can also focus on taking out one Pokémon at a time, making it less likely other defenders will get notifications and start feeding berries as well.

1. Attack the first defender.
  2. Drop out.
  3. Attack the first defender a second time.
  4. Drop out.
  5. Attack the first defender a third time.
  6. Drop out.
  7. Make sure the first defender is gone. If not (if someone is remotely feeding it), attack it again. If so, move on to the second defender.
  8. Repeat until all defenders are defeated and the Gym is empty.

Combine the two methods, and you can wipe out any Gym quickly and effectively.

Hope it can help you while you are conquering any gym.

Cheers

Kai Archer

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
Are you into Pokemon Go!? (what a dumb question, OF COURSE you are!).

We want to hear your best tips and tricks right here. Hit that reply button below and enlighten us with your best. GO! :)
Fast catch is a trick to skip the Pokémon catching animation and save time. After a Pokémon attacks, quickly throw your Poké Ball to catch it without waiting for the usual animation. Timing is key—throw right after the attack. If the Pokémon disappears from the screen, you nailed it! It takes practice, but once mastered, you'll catch Pokémon in a snap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non