I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

kjancaitis

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I noticed you got the local city weather to your Toq. I have Accuweather Plus installed, and set it to sync with the Toq via the Toq app. It will send over specific city weather if I select one, but the local city weather is always blank. All location services are turned on, and Accuweather can find my current location if I ask it, but then seems to forget it. Is there anything that I am missing?

Thanks

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I noticed you got the local city weather to your Toq. I have Accuweather Plus installed, and set it to sync with the Toq via the Toq app. It will send over specific city weather if I select one, but the local city weather is always blank. All location services are turned on, and Accuweather can find my current location if I ask it, but then seems to forget it. Is there anything that I am missing?

I use Weatherbug Elite on my phone (I like the widget) so I'm just using the Toq app on its own to send weather info to the watch. The default is local (it uses its own Accuweather api for that) and the plus button at the top right lets you add more cities if you want (up to three I think) but I haven't done that yet. Try disabling the Accuweather Plus sync/integration and use the Toq app on its own and see if that solves the problem.

kjancaitis

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I use Weatherbug Elite on my phone (I like the widget) so I'm just using the Toq app on its own to send weather info to the watch. The default is local (it uses its own Accuweather api for that) and the plus button at the top right lets you add more cities if you want (up to three I think) but I haven't done that yet. Try disabling the Accuweather Plus sync/integration and use the Toq app on its own and see if that solves the problem.
Thanks for the info. I didn't recognize that the Toq app grabbed the weather on its own. I also prefer WeatherBug Elite to AccuWeather so this was good to know. I also discovered that the problem I was having with local city weather was indirectly caused by rooting my Note 2. In the process I got rid of all the Verizon bloat including the Verizon location service. When I reinstalled this the local city weather conditions appeared on my Toq

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I didn't recognize that the Toq app grabbed the weather on its own. I also prefer WeatherBug Elite to AccuWeather so this was good to know. I also discovered that the problem I was having with local city weather was indirectly caused by rooting my Note 2. In the process I got rid of all the Verizon bloat including the Verizon location service. When I reinstalled this the local city weather conditions appeared on my Toq

Yeah WeatherBug is great because it has specific locations, important in big cities like Chicago. Glad you found the location issue.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah WeatherBug is great because it has specific locations, important in big cities like Chicago. Glad you found the location issue.
I was just in Chicago (got back about 2 hrs ago) where my Toq reminded me it was 8 degrees outside. Just barely escaped before the delays went too out of control. You guys and your weather are NOT awesome. :)

Managed to get my Toq to hot-boot a few times. Go into a meeting, get a few dozen notifications, and swipe-off to dismiss enough and you'll get a hot boot. A long term solution would be filters that can be applied to notifications -- I only want to see watch notifications from certain people, not everyone.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was just in Chicago (got back about 2 hrs ago) where my Toq reminded me it was 8 degrees outside. Just barely escaped before the delays went too out of control. You guys and your weather are NOT awesome. :)

Managed to get my Toq to hot-boot a few times. Go into a meeting, get a few dozen notifications, and swipe-off to dismiss enough and you'll get a hot boot. A long term solution would be filters that can be applied to notifications -- I only want to see watch notifications from certain people, not everyone.

Haven't seen the hot-boot situation. If I have a bunch of stacked up notifications after the first couple I tend to just hit the strap sensor to pop back to the menu and then again to bring up the watch, figure if I have that many I might as well just look at them on the phone. I'll see if I can replicate it though (just out of curiosity).

As for our weather in Chicago, Mother Nature is trying to make up for two very mild previous winters all in one week :)

kjancaitis

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
After living with the Toq for a few days I have a question about replying to notifications. When I get a text message notification I can read it but there is no way to tap to send a quick reply from the notification. I have to open the Comm Hub app and reopen the text message to send a quick reply. Is this the way it is supposed to work? It seems a little unnatural to have to close the notification, open another applet, and re-find the message to send a reply.

synplex

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
So after having my Toq for a little under 2 days I figured out that if you tap the center of the swipe senor bar on certain watch faces it changes the Background/color on that face watch. It seems to work on about 4 watchfaces (Stocks, Typography,etc). I also call Qualcomm to ask them about the Headsets, SDK and waterproofing. The Support Rep I got on the phone mention that the Headsets will be released soon (Q1 2014) and will be sold by themselves and in a Premium Music Bundle (maybe a Watch/headset bundle?), no pricing as of yet. The SDK will also be released soon (no date given). And for waterproofing, he mentioned that it was water resistant but not water proof in any way. He even recommended me to remove my watch while washing dishes =-/
After owning a Pebble and Sony SW2 I was really hoping for another water proof watch. Either way I love my Toq and its only missing a Tasker app for me to consider it complete.

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 95380

Like the title says. Whatchy'all wanna know?
Hello!
I have been going crazy deciding on a Smart Watch...first logical oen was the Sony Smartwatch 2 since I got the Xperia Z Ultra but it was not what I expected. Then the Pebble but it felt too 90s...then the SmartQ Z and was almost ready to go for it when I saw the ZGPAX S5 which really got a lot closer to what I wanted. Even though notifications are not all there yet, its the closest to my needs and at a good price.
But just as I was ready to buy, I saw this one now..which is though a lot more expensive.
Have you compared it to either the SmartQ or more interestingly the ZGPAX by any chance?
Just trying to understand what I get by getting this one instead.
Thanks!

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Recieved my Toq today. Is it possible to switch to metric weather somehow?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

I have the same query. Just got my toq the other day and everything's been excellent so far. Truly the best smartwatch out there right now.

I understand that with the watch face with the ambient temperature, the Toq pulls this data from accuweather on its own. There appears to be no way to change to metric. Unless someone else has found a way....

Anyone?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

kistonewa

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Do any of the watch faces show seconds? If not is there some convenient way to do a stop watch or timer on it with not more than 2 button pushes or swipes? Interested in the watch, but need to be able to measure respiratory rates, pulses etc. If I have to have an app continuously running to get seconds, does anyone know how this affects battery life?
Thanks,
ken

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Had my Toq for four days now and as far ad I can tell none of the watch faces feature or show seconds.

A stopwatch app is surely needed for this watch...

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
A stopwatch app is surely needed for this watch...

I've been trying to get an answer out of Qualcomm if there's some sort of physical limitation with Mirasol regarding showing seconds (either numerically or a second hand), so far with no luck (they didn't seem to understand my question, thought I was asking if any of the current watch faces supported seconds). I'm wondering if it drains the battery more or something, but I'd give up a day or two of battery life for a sweep second hand (which would mean I'd still get 4 days out of a charge :) ).

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I doubt having sweep seconds should drain battery life. The Pebble, using mono e ink has watch faces with sweep seconds as shown on the version 2 in steel watch casing. I don't suppose pebble would do that if battery life takes a serious hit. Sure hope a sweep seconds feature on a watch face on our Toq, analog or digital, will come out on the next update. I'd pay for one if an app like that comes out too.