Fingerprint Option Missing Under Security Settings

Shifty88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, as the title reads, the option to add a fingerprint as a form of security is completely missing from the settings. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know how to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using it under a company account? If so, their security policy might prevent you from using biometrics.

Shifty88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you using it under a company account? If so, their security policy might prevent you from using biometrics.

No but I appreciate your response. I'm just hoping it isn't a hardware issue. I'd really hate to set this thing up again not to mention adding my accounts back to my 2FA app.

Shifty88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Booting into safe mode fixed the same problem in a similar device. Worth a try.

https://www.reddit.com/r/razer/comments/9hcn4i/fingerprint_security_missing/

No it didn't work either. Even followed other directions where they said to disable security and reboot the phone and it magically showed up as an option. Not even that worked.

I've contacted support but they're really slow at getting back to me. I'm scared they'll resort to the usual factory reset option. Funny thing is I believe it was there when I first booted the phone fresh out of the box. It was also still on Oreo. I wonder if this is a Pie-related issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer