Flashing Amon Ra Recovery Help

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have a few questions on this process. I read the guides and just want to confirm a few things....

When I flash this recovery image I do the following steps:

1. Save the zip file to a location on my Windows PC
2. Plug phone into PC and be in fastboot
3. Use cmd prompt to change to the directory where the zip file is
4. Use cmd prompt to flash via fastboot

Questions are:

1. Is this correct?

2. Does it matter where I save the zip file (does it have to be in the same folder as the files I used to unlock the bootloader?)?

3. Once this recovery image is flashed on my phone, does it replace the stock recovery file on my phone (just overwrite with same name, or should I name the Amon Ra file something different)?

Thanks for any help with these questions.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have a few questions on this process. I read the guides and just want to confirm a few things....

When I flash this recovery image I do the following steps:

1. Save the zip file to a location on my Windows PC
2. Plug phone into PC and be in fastboot
3. Use cmd prompt to change to the directory where the zip file is
4. Use cmd prompt to flash via fastboot

Questions are:

1. Is this correct?

2. Does it matter where I save the zip file (does it have to be in the same folder as the files I used to unlock the bootloader?)?

3. Once this recovery image is flashed on my phone, does it replace the stock recovery file on my phone (just overwrite with same name, or should I name the Amon Ra file something different)?

Thanks for any help with these questions.

1. Yes, that is correct.
2. It doesn't matter where you save the zip, just as long as you can find it/remember the file path.
3. This will replace the stock recovery on your phone. Don't name it anything other than PH98IMG.zip

Here's a thread if you need more info...just skip down to step 5

[GUIDE] Super-noob guide to unlocking, rooting, and flashing Ziggys kernel - xda-developers

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, def very helpful and cleared up my confusion.

I took away from this the fact that the img file needs to be taken out of the zip folder and placed in the same folder the adw is.

Makes sense now.

jah81592

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Did this and now I can't get CleanRom 2.3 installed onto my Rezound. Don't know what is going on but it seems as if the recovery mode isn't working properly. How do put this back to stock? The Amon Ra Recovery has my whole phone jacked up. Seems as if the clockworkMod recovery (5.8.1.4) is bad or wrong.

When i try to load rom from "install zip from sd card" or wipedata/factory reset by selecting with the power button I get a hat with a orange circle with nothing else happening. How do I correct this?

Last edited:

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this helps, but I followed the steps I was asking about and am rooted no problems. I have not tried flashing a ROM yet.

jah81592

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted but since I used the Amon Ra recovery but I cannot load any custom roms. i thought the Thunderbolt was a pia to do-it was actually a piece of cake.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted but since I used the Amon Ra recovery but I cannot load any custom roms. i thought the Thunderbolt was a pia to do-it was actually a piece of cake.

I'm using Amon-Ra and I've flashed several custom ROMs. What exactly are you doing and where is it hanging up? Kinda hard to point you in the right direction if all you say is "It doesn't work."

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Mind also telling us which version of Amon Ra you're using? I'm running the older version of it as one of the newer versions gave me issues.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Mind also telling us which version of Amon Ra you're using? I'm running the older version of it as one of the newer versions gave me issues.

Agreed, I'm running 3.10 because 3.13 caused problems.

@jah81592 are you flashing the kernel manually after flashing the ROM, if you're on the older Amon-Ra, your kernel will not flash automatically.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87