Flashing question

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so trying to get my head around flashing stuff, so correct any ignorance seen...

I am s-on and am planning on remaining that way for the foreseeable future. I have been looking into different roms such as the pokemon Rom and they come packaged as all-in-one for s-off ppl. To flash these, I think need to pull the boot image out of the zip and flash it with my computer after I flash the Rom, or do I need to do something different? Also, if I have to do this then is there a way I can flash the boot image from my phone such as renaming it like a kernel or something? I am assuming it would have to be packaged differently, but I don't know.

Thank you for your help and please tell me what and if I don't seem to understand something. I really want to know exactly what is going on when I do these things.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok so trying to get my head around flashing stuff, so correct any ignorance seen...

I am s-on and am planning on remaining that way for the foreseeable future. I have been looking into different roms such as the pokemon Rom and they come packaged as all-in-one for s-off ppl. To flash these, I think need to pull the boot image out of the zip and flash it with my computer after I flash the Rom, or do I need to do something different? Also, if I have to do this then is there a way I can flash the boot image from my phone such as renaming it like a kernel or something? I am assuming it would have to be packaged differently, but I don't know.

Thank you for your help and please tell me what and if I don't seem to understand something. I really want to know exactly what is going on when I do these things.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

You hit the nail on the head. Follow my guide and you should be ok. Ask as many questions as you need until you feel comfortable with the process OR do it on a weekday between 8 and 4 (EST) and I'll be glad to walk you through it step by step.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member