AOKP/AOSP questions? I am going in!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Soooo...I slept all day for some reason and just got done my other job.

I have three rezounds in front of me that I can keep for the next 2 days or so. I am also really bored and haven't flashed in awhile.

I am going to take one of them right now and flash some AOKP goodness on it to see what all the fuss is about.

Anyone have any questions for when I am done?

EDIT: I will not be able to really tell you about battery life, I wont have them long enough

Last edited:
Reactions: twolastnames

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Soooo...I slept all day for some reason and just got done my other job.

I have three rezounds in front of me that I can keep for the next 2 days or so. I am also really bored and haven't flashed in awhile.

I am going to take one of them right now and flash some AOKP goodness on it to see what all the fuss is about.

Anyone have any questions for when I am done?

EDIT: I will not be able to really tell you about battery life, I wont have them long enough

What is AOKP?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Android Open Kang Project.

Kang is stealing in nerd terms.

Pizza, I'm joining you as well. My question. In terms of Smart phones OS's, and movie computers, which one is Viki, the iRobot computer, which one is skynet, and is Windows phone Johnny 5?

Tough one

I would say skynet is Android...it is out in the open, free and starting to permeate all of our lives
By default that makes iOS the iRobot computer
viki is palm
I would give you windows as johnny 5, advanced but not there
Blackberry is B.O.B:

robob.jpg

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I installed AOKP over Venom without a hitch. The dev says that you should use TWRP, but it went fine with amon ra. LISTEN TO THE DEV. I am using a phone I could care less about....

The SD card definitely doesnt work, but there is a fix already, it just hasnt been updated.

I forgot to load gapps....

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Here is a tip: do not try and change your network mode. If you pull it up, it will not have either chosen, if you choose cdma/lte, you will lose 4G...

Tip 2: wifi does work...you need to turn it on, reboot and then you will be fine

Tip 3: dont forget the gapps....its a pain if you do

Tip 4: use the 20120429 gapps, it does not like the newest (JB) apps. or at least mine doesn't. Keep getting a play store error

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
yeah. The RIL was only cracked a few days ago so there is still a ton of kinks to be worked out. I am kinda positive that until ICS kernel source comes out it will have flaws.

I have to say, if you like 3g and do not need a camera or bluetooth, it is kinda nice...and I havent scratched the surface yet

Reactions: Zruben016

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Once the SD card thing is fixed, I'm in like Flint on this. The camera not working is no big deal to me, but I do have an assload of music I listen to quite regular.

It's hard to explain to people how much smoother this is than Sense, and it's only a Beta, at best. It's not the screen transitions, but when you hit the home button, the phone just goes there without hesitating. Plus I already use my own apps and widgets, so I don't care to much about the Sense ones, even though there are parts of Sense4 I really like.

Zruben016

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ah, that makes sense. Maybe I'll wait to flash until they get a couple of nightlies out and hopefully then some of those kinks will be out. Don't want my girlfriend to get too mad at me for flashing every other day. :D hahaha

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Once the SD card thing is fixed, I'm in like Flint on this. The camera not working is no big deal to me, but I do have an assload of music I listen to quite regular.

It's hard to explain to people how much smoother this is than Sense, and it's only a Beta, at best. It's not the screen transitions, but when you hit the home button, the phone just goes there without hesitating. Plus I already use my own apps and widgets, so I don't care to much about the Sense ones, even though there are parts of Sense4 I really like.

I am going to wait for totally stable 4G and the camera before thinking of this as a daily driver....I am going to say that this thing flies

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna use it all day at work tomorrow, see how it goes. That will give me 3 hours of internet usage to see what happens.

Flies is an understatement, it's pretty quite an amazing difference. What is gonna happen with the Voodoo Google baked into JB to try to predict what your gonna touch to speed up the UI? Makes me wish for the ICS upgrade so we can get source code released to make these things happen easier for the smart people involved.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am going to do the same. I will carry the AOKP one and my "good" one just in case but try to stick to the AOKP.

Yeah I said that in my rezound isnt dead thread that I want ICS more than ever now, jsut for the source....

rs98hv

May 20, 2011
Visit site
If you use boot manager to install you can use your SD card. I can use all my files, music, and even my tb backups.Strange thing is its seeing my internal and external SD as one. I have like 30 gb under storage in settings. But it flies

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So is there anything besides Bluetooth and camera that does not work basic function wise? I know you said it is fast, but is it smooth yet? Does it still have the on screen buttons?

Keep us updated on battery

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
it is very smooth, almost no stutter from my experience so far. You have the option to use the on screen buttons or not.

There are a few little annoying things that I have found but as far as major bugs, I would say no

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty