SIM question

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so since LTE, this whole sim card thing is new to us CDMA users. Before, switching phones requires logging into my VZW and powering off the old phone, and registering the ESN# of the new device online and then *228 to activate and program it. Now with the SIM card, you just put it in the new phone you want to activate. Now I'm reading about Micro and Nano sims and sim card cutters.

My question revolves around the Iphone 5 and my HTC rezound. While I am and always will be Android at the core, there are times where the iphone would make my day easier. I would say I could swap devices probably 60/40 with more time using my rezound. My brother got an Iphone 5 for his personal line, while his has a company issued iphone 4. When the company upgrades to the 5, he will give me his iphone 5 if I want it. I will only use it if there is an easy way to swap sim cards quickly and easily to switch back and forth when i want to. Is there a sim card cutter that will slice up my sim from the Rezound to fit the iphone 5, and any adapters to put it into to fit back into my Rezound? Or just an adapter to make the Nano sim to fit the Rezound (as I can get the Nano sim from VZW to activate the iPhone).

I'm not looking for an iPhone/android debate....I prefer Android overall, so you don't have to sell me on it, but each platform has it's strengths and weaknesses. Just curious if there is an easy way to go back and forth.

Edit.......I must have been smoking crack on my previous searches, because an adapter can be easily found on Amazon. Nevermind.

Last edited:

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone five nano will not work in the Rezound and vice versa. I already tried...

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Update!!!

I used the nano sim from my iPhone 5 in my Rezound and it worked fine. The sim must already be activated to work. I tried switching from my iPhone 4 to the Rezound using Verizon's we.site, but when I entered the nano sim code, I was told it was incompatible with the Rezound.

So I acted as if I was switching to the Five. I had the imei number (the actual phone was on its way across the country to its new owner...) and input it thru My Verizon. Then when it asked for the sim code I typed it in. At that point Verizon showed I was using the iPhone 5 as my device. The sim was actually in the Rezound. I fired up the Rezound and everything worked.

I came home from work that night to go online and switch back to the iPhone 4, releasing the Five for when the new owner gets it. I planned to go to a Verizon corp store the next day to get a new sim for the Rezound. Well imagine my surprise when I opened up My Verizon online and it showed that I had the Rezound as my device! I never entered its imei anywhere, simply moved the nano sim (in an adapter) over to it.

So even though a csr told me that their system would not allow them to activate an iPhone 5 nano sim in an android phone, and it would not allow Negro online, simply moving an already active nano sim over WILL work!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984