Pixel 5 leaks.

livetovacation60

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I’m sorry but is this phone truly to get excited about compared to others? I mean damn. I’ll take an iPhone 12 over this.

I agree.....if I was looking for an iphone I would have no excitement for this phone whatsoever. However I'm not looking for an iphone and I prefer Android. I'm on my second pixel phone and if I can find a new model that fits my needs I'm good to go.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree.....if I was looking for an iphone I would have no excitement for this phone whatsoever. However I'm not looking for an iphone and I prefer Android. I'm on my second pixel phone and if I can find a new model that fits my needs I'm good to go.

I purposely paid the extra $5 a month with AT&T when I got the 4XL so I could upgrade to the 5 shortly after it comes out and this is not exciting at all. I'm fine with not going TOTL everything as the price points were getting ridiculous - no need to have the absolute latest and greatest chip. But no face unlock and no telephoto lens? We are moving backwards here.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I purposely paid the extra $5 a month with AT&T when I got the 4XL so I could upgrade to the 5 shortly after it comes out and this is not exciting at all. I'm fine with not going TOTL everything as the price points were getting ridiculous - no need to have the absolute latest and greatest chip. But no face unlock and no telephoto lens? We are moving backwards here.
I agree with you though i like the idea of a wide angle lens rather than telephoto. I have a N10 & upgraded to a N20U, just because of the insane promotional discounts. Not sure if I'll keep it though.

I also just bought a Pixel 4XL for $499, just because I've needed a backup phone for a while now--needed it twice in the last10 months. I thought I might return it when I started seeing the Pixel 5 leaks. I'm all for the increased battery, RAM, & basic storage--and possibly reduced price. But taking a step back with the SoC selection makes no sense at all.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have seen rumors of anywhere from 5.8" to 6.5"..... depending on the site. I guess we won't know 100% for sure until the actual Google announcement.

Strange how we are getting two vastly different sizes. I even thought I read it would be 6" somewhere. Guess only time will tell!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm fine with a screen from 5.8" to 6.5"...... but I won't do anything under 5.8". I'm also fine with the rest of the specs if it's priced accordingly. Of course I'll still wait till it hits a sale.... I'm cheap like that lol.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm fine with a screen from 5.8" to 6.5"...... but I won't do anything under 5.8". I'm also fine with the rest of the specs if it's priced accordingly. Of course I'll still wait till it hits a sale.... I'm cheap like that lol.

Waiting for a sale isn't being cheap, it's being smart!

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
It seems like there have been other conflicting leaks but that what we've heard recently might be narrowing down the spects that we will actually see, but who knows. It will be interesting to see what finally shakes out.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I would hope so, as well. Wait. The Pixel 2 was plastic and had IP 68. At least, I think it was plastic.

The 2 was actually metal with a rubberized type non slip coating on it....a lot of folks thought it made the phone feel cheaper, but it was a heck of a lot easier to hang on to than the super slippery metal pixel 1 ;-)

And they'll have no trouble getting an IP 68 rating with plastic. I have a 20+ year old plastic GPS unit with a removable battery that is completely waterproof. The material isn't the problem, it's how well they seal it up ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984