Sprint Samsung Gahudi

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Just got this via e-mail re: the supposed Samsung Within for Sprint ... Take it as you will.

The post which showed picture of Sprint's new Samsung phone (without
keyboard) is actually a code name "Samsung Gahudi". It is 4.5 inch super
amoled+ phone. The back casing may change it is a huge phone. Colors are
vibrant and it has SprintID. I personally liked the phone but Sprint ID is a
deal breaker for me. You can switch from using Sprint ID or Touchwiz UI. I
have played with this device as I am doing testing of SprintID. The code name is
Gahudi.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
4.5 is too big for me. Looks like the wait for the GS2 on Sprint will be even longer. Moto photon is looking ever more appealing everyday. Idk which is slower, Samsung's updates or their phone releases. Either way it's not good practice for Samsung.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
4.5 is too big for me. Looks like the wait for the GS2 on Sprint will be even longer. Moto photon is looking ever more appealing everyday. Idk which is slower, Samsung's updates or their phone releases. Either way it's not good practice for Samsung.

Samsung can only release phones for the CDMA market if the carriers let them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There is no way you can blame the carriers solely.

True, its a matter of compromise on all sides I presume. :)

Forgive my ignorance , but what is this "Epiclike" LTE slider you mention ? or are you just dreaming of such a phone ?

Its on the front page of android central now. I'm excited because my phone's slowly trying to die.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I would be a tad disappointed if this turns out to be a Sprint Infuse. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Infuse a single-core phone?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think size will be a problem since this phone is so thin. It will have the same sort deception as the infuse. You would think it will be monstrous but the thinness counteracts that.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Can't blame Sammy to much. Depending on what th agreement was with ATT they may not have been able to bring the phone another carrier till now. The same way carriers don't like to release 2 super phones together. It would be as cool as it would be to have a infuse like phone on Sprint I would rather it be the GSII ... but if anything, you got to give it to Sprint for continuing to bring good phones while building a wimax/lte network.