Galaxy F, Galaxy S5 Prime, Galaxy KQ

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Those who got a Galaxy S5 might be disappointed to hear this...

Will there be a Samsung device with QHD resolution, yes, will it be in the 5.x screen size range, yes, will it be a Galaxy S5, who the heck knows. Not anyone on the internet that is for sure. Only Samsung knows and there are a few things that could play out based on Samsung's past products. First it could be a limited product to test design and only sold in S.Korea, they did it with the GS4 where they offered the S800 processor there. Second it could be a whole new product line that fits between the Galaxy S and Galaxy Note series but how much more expensive can you make it and still sell it. So there you have it, someone is going to make something for some market(s) and will be sold at some point in the future so lets not buy anything because what we buy will be outdated. Well its already outdated, the moment you buy a new device its old and outdated since something new is just around the corner.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Those who got a GS5 might be disappointed to hear this...

I am not disappointed, the not really need for that big of a resolution on a 5 inch screen.

801 is plenty fast for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Agree. I feel like with the increased resolution, battery will take a hit not to mention most likely you won't be able to notice a difference in performance over the s801 anyway. This isn't surprising though since it seems like this is aimed at the next iPhone and also the upcoming g3. Samsung should have just waited and released this over the s5 if this is indeed the case. If it does end up being true, the s5 feels rushed and is going to tick off a lot of customers to release a phone 2 months after your so called "flagship"

- - - Updated - - -

Will there be a Samsung device with QHD resolution, yes, will it be in the 5.x screen size range, yes, will it be a Galaxy S5, who the heck knows. Not anyone on the internet that is for sure. Only Samsung knows and there are a few things that could play out based on Samsung's past products. First it could be a limited product to test design and only sold in S.Korea, they did it with the GS4 where they offered the S800 processor there. Second it could be a whole new product line that fits between the Galaxy S and Galaxy Note series but how much more expensive can you make it and still sell it. So there you have it, someone is going to make something for some market(s) and will be sold at some point in the future so lets not buy anything because what we buy will be outdated. Well its already outdated, the moment you buy a new device its old and outdated since something new is just around the corner.

Maybe the rumored galaxy f line?

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

If this is honestly the case and they outdate the S5 literally a MONTH after it comes out Im jumping ship to HTC. I find it ridiculous to launch a flagship and in reality, its not a flagship anymore? At least HTC gives you the HTC advantage

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Except there's a thread saying the M8 doesn't have a stock file manager and the 3rd party ones don't work since kitkat.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Why would that bother anyone? There is always something better coming out.

Exactly. The pace of change is slowing. You can skip a release without much caring.

If you're always waiting for the next rumor, you'll never have a device. There was once a time in the dawn of personal computers where it seemed like I was afraid to buy anything for fear that something new was around the corner. At that point, you can be permanently paralyzed.

Besides...this isn't exactly a new rumor. It's been talked about for some time.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

It's a big deal because it's a device from Samsung that's coming out a month after their flagship. HTC isn't doing it apple never does it. That's why it's annoying

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

It's a big deal because it's a device from Samsung that's coming out a month after their flagship. HTC isn't doing it apple never does it. That's why it's annoying

Apple never does it?? Ummmm 5s/5c....... helllo...

Gearu

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

XDA people claim there is a prime variant of every phone ever made.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Apple releases 2 phones a YEAR, compared to Samsung's 25 variants of ONE. the 5C was never a flagship, it was introduced WITH their flagship. Apple didn't solely release the 5C claiming it to be their flagship, than come out with a 5S a damn month later as a "surprise". Apple knows better, they know its bad business. It takes away from a companies credibility.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Uh they did it with iPad 3-4... And who says you need to have the latest and greatest? The phone will still work just like it does now.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Apple releases 2 phones a YEAR, compared to Samsung's 25 variants of ONE. the 5C was never a flagship, it was introduced WITH their flagship. Apple didn't solely release the 5C claiming it to be their flagship, than come out with a 5S a damn month later as a "surprise". Apple knows better, they know its bad business. It takes away from a companies credibility.

I feel like Samsung does this to catch all markets and to capitalize on unforseen untapped markets. An example of this would the the Note (phone) series. Most of what I read when the Note came out was that it would be a flop due to its large size. It caught on and now I see Notes everywhere.

I can see Samsung making a premium version and releasing right before or right after the next iphone to directly compete with it. I get that and I am fine with it. Why? Because the S5 has everything I want. My long term plan is to let 64 bit CPU's "bake" for a year before I get a phone with one in it. So getting an S5 is perfect for me right now. When my next upgrade comes around in 2 years I will see what is up then. I'm actually more excited about the potential for incredible battery life with the graphene implementation. Samsung just had a breakthrough in the production of it: Samsung’s graphene breakthrough could finally put the wonder material into real-world devices | ExtremeTech

All in all I'm happy with my decision and where things stand. I want the manufacturers to keep making better and better phones. I mean take a look at my first smartphone (I had the Mogul variant): HTC P4000 Titan specs Those specs are only 7 years old and look at what we have today. It's crazy awesome! :D

Edit: I guess while I'm at it.... This would be considered my first 'smart' device :p

unidenpda.JPG

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Oh, but how apple crowed the 5C is "unapologetically plastic" and yet they bash Samsung for plastic phones. The iphone is a kids toy compared to what Android can offer, and when they apple does offer a magical large screen phone claiming once again they invented large screens we can all sit back and say so what happened to a 3.5" being perfect, err, no wait a 4" is perfect, no err, a 4.7" is perfect and so is a 5.5" if you buy them from apple that is.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

So what if Samsung offers 30+ different smartphones a year it caters to each users needs and the markets they want to support. I for one applaud their willingness to offer variants that meet everyones needs instead of the Henry Ford (you can get any color as long as its black) or the apple model, you buy this phone in this size and you can't do a damn thing to modify it and you will like it.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

or the apple model, you buy this phone in this size and you can't do a damn thing to modify it and you will like it.

I think Apple has been hurt very badly by that stubbornness, and Samsung swiped a major part of market share that could've been---and probably should've been---Apple's as a result. Rumors are that new big screen iPhones are coming out. That was in an article I just read saying that market analysis found that market has been tending to move in two directions: those who want high end pricey devices, but those people want big screens with them; and those who are happy with just phones, and don't care, as long as the cost is low. Small screen, high price--not so popular.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Would you like some cheese with that whine ?