EVO 2 thought or news

volhater

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody hear anything about an EVO 2 coming out this summer? Also is anybody else upset about sprint's new premier policy changes?

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
last night,
blackmanx tweeted this:

"i mean i understand the want of a phone..but this shyt is out of hand...all this hype over a fricking EVO 2!"

anyone following him knows he's a cell phone tester and has outted specs for numerous other phones (Thunderbolt included)--so it's at least acknowledging either
1) the phone is being tested
or
2) the phone is getting buzz and starting to pick up ininquiries/PR

take it for what it's worth.
he's been pretty good so far with other releases.

I'm assuming he meant the Thunderbolt.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well if this guy knows something, which it doesn't sound that he does, he doesn't seem too enthusiastic about the EVO 2.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming he meant the Thunderbolt.

i was led to believe so, too--but having an Evo, i'm holding hope there's something planned for this month, similar to last year.
all of his other posts have been specific to cite something re: the TB, never actually using the products name. this is the first time he's come out and said a phone model.

edit: deleted previous post. i was mistaken--he's strictly a Verizon tester

Last edited:

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
project.in.process said:
he's strictly a Verizon tester
Thought so. All this is not leading up to a lack of an Evo 2, though. I think we'll see HTC put dual-core processors in their phones first, though. Who knows, maybe Evo 2 will be the first.

deltatko

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
And it sucks unless you are a 10 year Sprint customer or you have a lot of lines
on your account. All this for a yearly upgrade privilege.

the extra lines don't count toward the total, it all revolves around the base family plan pricing you have. The "smartphone fee", TEP or any other fees also don't count toward it. Pretty much, unless you have the unlimited minute plans, you aren't going to be gold.

As for the EVO 2, I have a friend who works for Sprint and can see phones that ping the servers (including phones in testing) and he hasn't seen any new Android phones other than the Echo, so if there is an EVO 2 coming, its not in open testing outside of the Sprint Campus yet.