Have a Continuum question? Ask it here (plus win a 16GB microSD card)

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Already asked a question and sure I'll be greedy.

In one of the many "hands-on" videos I saw from the Samsung event I seem to remember hearing one of the reps say that the screen is actually one long screen broken up by the button band. Is this true or this actually 2 physically separate screens? I'm not going to try and do a bunch of maths right now, but if it's really just one long physical screen that would have to make it easier for devs to use. If the "band" for the capacitive buttons were removed could a movie be watched in 2.39 x 1?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
/\ If thats the case ... If its one screen then it would possible to move the capacitive buttons down and have a bigger view screen. As cool as it is to have that at the bottom I personally don't like it. IMO its just way to use up real estate from the screen to make it different. but apps can use the space for animated adds. That would be a cool use for it.

avanti1963#AC

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about the ticker display. Will the ticker voice message icon light up when you receive a voice message using standard voice mail? I am told the only way it will light up is if you subscribe to Visual Voice Mail.

strawbearlyjamm

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Remove Bing - Notification from Ticker

I just got this phone, and would love more info about custimizing the ticker and making this phone really reach its potential.

I wanted to know how I can remove bing search, and other bingstuff. I Dl'ed Firefox, but it force Closes often and doesn't really work.

The phone doesn't seem to offer a notification for reminders unless you pickup the phone, is there any way to get a reminder for missed calls/texts/emails etc. I loved the color LED on my Droid.

wselph

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes the phone has one display; the four buttons are black paint on the glass (appears as backlit buttons) so they are permanently in place;
this gives the appearance of two displays seperated by the four buttons.

Vsoup

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
How can I get my facebook notifications to actually show up in the ticker? I have it synced with the phone and I get normal notifications on the drop down menu at the top of the phone but they never show up on the ticker. Is there anyway to get rid of the weather icon down there as well?

Paradio#AC

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Having trouble connecting to my puter. Have connected cable, asked if I want media or usb. Will not connect with either choice. The phone is rooted using z4root. Any help will be appreciated.

Chooky54

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Trying to learn as much as I can by playing with the apps , anyhow the clock on my weather bug( on the face of my computer)...I messed up and I have two cities on it now....my hometown and some town in Hawaii (don't ask me how I did that!!!) Anyhow, I can't figure out how to remove the Hawaiian city listed! Help!

saraheba

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
How can I get my facebook notifications to actually show up in the ticker? I have it synced with the phone and I get normal notifications on the drop down menu at the top of the phone but they never show up on the ticker. Is there anyway to get rid of the weather icon down there as well?

As far as I know, you can't remove the weather icon. To get facebook and or twitter to show up tap the list icon that is to the right of the time in the ticker. Then tap the icon all the way to left on the divider. Select "Ticker Settings">Social networking>Facebook then log in. It operates independently of the facebook app from what I can tell. Once you are logged in, you can change what shows in the ticker by following the steps above again. Otherwise you will get bored with seeing a continuous scroll of the last few hours worth of status updates. I hope this helps.

saraheba

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Trying to learn as much as I can by playing with the apps , anyhow the clock on my weather bug( on the face of my computer)...I messed up and I have two cities on it now....my hometown and some town in Hawaii (don't ask me how I did that!!!) Anyhow, I can't figure out how to remove the Hawaiian city listed! Help!

Tap the weather icon, then the button to the far left on the divider>My city list then tap the button all the way to the left again>delete. Hopefully it will show the HI city as being able to be deleted. My gps locked on a city about 30 min away from my hometown and I can't convince it that's not where I am.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I want to check this phone out and and see how the phone work when we could use the 16gb SD card to watch movies and play music hope I could win the sdcard ;-)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

deferom

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Why did Samsung use one display and just paint it over? Seems like a waste of energy, etc.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G.