My Samsung Galaxy ace is running extremely slow, Ram usage sky high.

Rhys Edwards

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Had the phone for about a year and a half, have quite a few applications but none of which i would imagine would be constantly running in the background. My storage is fine as in - i have plenty of space left. when i press "clear ram" it goes down to 300... I understand my phone is quite old now but the phones performance has greatly decreased since i bought it. I also sometimes cant press my keyboard on my phone, the letters dont come up and i have to keep going of and back to the message.

Any suggestions? thanks :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Had the phone for about a year and a half, have quite a few applications but none of which i would imagine would be constantly running in the background. My storage is fine as in - i have plenty of space left. when i press "clear ram" it goes down to 300... I understand my phone is quite old now but the phones performance has greatly decreased since i bought it. I also sometimes cant press my keyboard on my phone, the letters dont come up and i have to keep going of and back to the message.

Any suggestions? thanks :(

Welcome to the forums.
Try turning off the phone and rebooting into recovery. Hold both the volume buttons, home, and power until you see the Samsung logo, then release. When in recovery, select wipe cache partition. Then reboot.

luwni

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
thats also happened to me but ive only had the phone for 4 months now, my battery keeps dying quicker then normal because there is so much on my phone... It keeps saying I have no storage but when I check its fine? I went to the place where I got the phone and the said I had to wipe the phone or reboot it but they said it might not work... I tried it and now my phone works fine and its not as slow:)

kemr

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Having problem doing the steps. Do I have to press the vol , home and power buttons all at the same time?
thanks!