Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 - Display problem with Green Line

naupad15

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone. I am new to Android Central but I specially joined it so that I can help the community in things you should consider before buying the Samsung Galaxy Fold - 2. I bought one about 2 weeks back and I treated my phone like a baby. The phone never slipped off from my hand even on a soft surface like Carpet or Bed. Made sure that I keep the phone away from dust/water too.

Suddenly after using the device for about 10 days, started noticing a thin 1-2 mm Green line in the upper part of my inside display. First I thought it to be app specific but then noticed that it was happening on the display and I filtered out that it was indeed a hardware/display issue.

I did some Googling and tried doing a Factory Reset based on some suggestions but that did not help. Ultimately I decided to return it back to Samsung. I always appreciate Samsung engineers and the innovation they do but just want to make sure that they know if this really is a display issue that they need to fix or could be a manufacturing defect.

IMG_20201005_130457__02.jpg

naupad15

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site
Yes I contacted Samsung and I was told that the manufacturer's warranty would help me get it fixed at a Ubreakifix location but then I was hesitant on getting a $2K priced phone fixed that was just 2 weeks old. So then I asked them for allowing me to return the device for a refund and they initiated a return for me. I really want to get this phone again but want to make sure that it indeed was a manufacturing defect and something not very common for the new glass foldable display. Just wanted to help other people know this before they decide to buy.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Yes I contacted Samsung and I was told that the manufacturer's warranty would help me get it fixed at a Ubreakifix location but then I was hesitant on getting a $2K priced phone fixed that was just 2 weeks old. So then I asked them for allowing me to return the device for a refund and they initiated a return for me. I really want to get this phone again but want to make sure that it indeed was a manufacturing defect and something not very common for the new glass foldable display. Just wanted to help other people know this before they decide to buy.
You did the right thing..return and try it again with a new order. So far I've seen two dead pixel screens and one here with a crack down the middle...and yours..I don't see wide spread reports but its still early..oh and one speaker video cracking on custom order hinge...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non