What is the "Killer App" for the Galaxy Gear?

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm still looking for a GPS turn-by-turn readout on my wrist for mine. Nothing more than showing me upcoming turn and a small turn map. That's it.

What is your killer app that is either missing entirely or just half-implemented at this time?

kisrita

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
My $99 kick starter Pebble has done exactly that for about nine months now. If the Galaxy Gear has an app enabling 3rd party notification you should be able to do the same, just select to be notified by the maps app.

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, I hate you then.

LOL.

I'm fairly surprised that watch turn-by-turn directions (even simple audio prompts) isn't enabled on the Gear by default. I realize that Sammy didn't release support for everything, but they support integration with Google Play so why not Google Maps? Just seems like a no-brainer to me.

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Sooo many. A couple come to mind. First off, just seeing a keyboard (with Swipe) on the watch would be amazing. From there, any messaging apps, such as Whatsapp. QR scanners, Instagram, calculators, compass, maps, Pandora, Shazam. The list goes on and on. Now we just have to play the waiting game, or hope Apple will come up with a watch, then you know all developers are gonna jump on it.