Third Party Apps

james-p

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I have had a GG for a good 2 months now and it works great, but i was wondering if anyone has had a problem with third party apps disappearing from the more notifications menu.

I have had the Go SMS Pro app working for the last few months but the watch sometimes doesn't show my messages, and when i look on the watch settings, the app is gone.

Reset a few times then it shows up again, Now it doesn't show up no matter what i do.

Any Solutions?

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had an app or two disappear from my Gear before, but it only happened once so I just reinstalled it. However, in your case where you are having the problem consistently and now can't find your app at all seems to point to a needed "reset" of the Gear.

That's just my opinion, but based off of the troubleshooting that I have done on all my Android devices combined with the fact that there are very few buttons/options on the Gear, I don't think there will be many other options.

You can try calling your carrier (although I've found that Verizon knows very little about the Gear and usually either ends up looking up the problem on Google which I can do myself, or they end up just calling Samsung Tech Support, who unfortunately was also very little help). So maybe save yourself a step and just try reaching out to Samsung first @ 1-888-987-4357. Just know that their common solution usually ends up being doing a reset on the device to bring it back to a "stock"/right-out-of-the box state where they can then take you through some of the basic troubleshooting steps.

Good luck.

P.S.-Sometimes I just go ahead and perform the reset on my own, and save myself 30-60 minutes of a phone conversation with a lot of being put on hold (while they research). :^)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo