Touch screens issues on Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
This touch screen problem are really annoying and hopes its software related driver problem. That can be fixed with updates and have already reported to Samsung HK. (mine SM-P605 is HK version) Does anyone else experience same problems?

- At homescreen/appdrawer. Touch on any app icon, hold it and it will shaking all the time. Also within 10-30 sec it will drop by itself. I tried this with Tab 7/Note 1/Note 2 and none of them have this problem.
- In webbrowser (any), holding finger on the screen or scroll, the screen shaking all the time until release and i I really hates when the screen shakes. Making scrolling websites real annoying.
- Put yours palm on the touchscreen and mutli touch will go crazy. (this sounds more multitouch driver issue)

As I read, that Note 3 have also same multi touch issues that are on Note 2014 and Samsung have release fixes for Note 3, that solve most of the issues. But still there are no updates fixes for Note 2014.

NeilWhitear

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I am having touch screen issues, although different to what you are experiencing. My problem is with the lock screen when using pattern to unlock, the screen does not register my finger and I either have to repeat 2-3 times and push down hard or else use the s-pen.

This is a really frustrating issue on what is an excellent tablet.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I am having touch screen issues, although different to what you are experiencing. My problem is with the lock screen when using pattern to unlock, the screen does not register my finger and I either have to repeat 2-3 times and push down hard or else use the s-pen.

This is a really frustrating issue on what is an excellent tablet.

Same here. At first I thought it was an issue with the magnets. Same issue w/o my cover. What a quirky beast of a tablet we have! I still love it though. Quirks and all.

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Same here, I am pushing glass screen protector, and no issues.. To get an idea of what I mean, notice the thickness of the glass screen protector.. It is on my desk for charging, other than than, it would be in the case.. Just want to show the thickness of the glass, and no issues whatsoever with the touch screen.. So something must be wrong with the OP's Note.. Is it ROOTED?

ggcase227.jpg

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Same here, I am pushing glass screen protector, and no issues.. To get an idea of what I mean, notice the thickness of the glass screen protector.. It is on my desk for charging, other than than, it would be in the case.. Just want to show the thickness of the glass, and no issues whatsoever with the touch screen.. So something must be wrong with the OP's Note.. Is it ROOTED?

View attachment 103829

It has nothing to do with protective cases or root and Note 3 have the same issues.
Its a common problem and easy way too see it. Download multitocuh screen test app and tap the screen with 1 (or more doesnt matter) finger. Hold it for around 30 sec and it will reset.
This is software/driver touch problem and Note 3 already got fixes for it and now its Note 2014 turn to get fixes.
Just need to get Samsung attention, by reporting these issues to them and hopes for a fix soon.
About screen shaking, best ways to see it is to use dolphin browser, zoom in, tap and mark any text. The screen will start to shake, might not see it 1 time and give it a few tries.
This happens also in games, ex Defense Technica, there you can tap and scroll through tthe area and the screen will shake while tapping the screen.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
It has nothing to do with protective cases or root and Note 3 have the same issues.
Its a common problem and easy way too see it. Download multitocuh screen test app and tap the screen with 1 (or more doesnt matter) finger. Hold it for around 30 sec and it will reset.
This is software/driver touch problem and Note 3 already got fixes for it and now its Note 2014 turn to get fixes.
Just need to get Samsung attention, by reporting these issues to them and hopes for a fix soon.
About screen shaking, best ways to see it is to use dolphin browser, zoom in, tap and mark any text. The screen will start to shake, might not see it 1 time and give it a few tries.
This happens also in games, ex Defense Technica, there you can tap and scroll through tthe area and the screen will shake while tapping the screen.

Okay, trying to understand this problem. Nothing to do with root, screen protectors, and you say this is a common problem. So, in so many words, are saying that we ALL have this problem! ??? Or just some units have this problem and yours is one of them.. Just trying to understand..

queencode

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
This touch screen problem are really annoying and hopes its software related driver problem. That can be fixed with updates and have already reported to Samsung HK. (mine SM-P605 is HK version) Does anyone else experience same problems?

- At homescreen/appdrawer. Touch on any app icon, hold it and it will shaking all the time. Also within 10-30 sec it will drop by itself. I tried this with Tab 7/Note 1/Note 2 and none of them have this problem.
- In webbrowser (any), holding finger on the screen or scroll, the screen shaking all the time until release and i I really hates when the screen shakes. Making scrolling websites real annoying.
- Put yours palm on the touchscreen and mutli touch will go crazy. (this sounds more multitouch driver issue)

As I read, that Note 3 have also same multi touch issues that are on Note 2014 and Samsung have release fixes for Note 3, that solve most of the issues. But still there are no updates fixes for Note 2014.

@John : I have same problem too. I buy samsung note 10.1 2014 white edition. If i play game, and open app, i touch the screen for several time, and screen will be shake.
Have you any update form samsung? Maybe you know how to fix this issue?
Thanks

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
@John : I have same problem too. I buy samsung note 10.1 2014 white edition. If i play game, and open app, i touch the screen for several time, and screen will be shake.
Have you any update form samsung? Maybe you know how to fix this issue?
Thanks
Its a kernel driver problem and Samsung is aware of the problem. New updates do improved the issue, not 100% fixed, but much less shaking and u need to wait Samsung to release new updates for yours region.
Unless, u have rooted u tablet and flash custom ROM with a custom kernel that have the issue fixed.

queencode

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Its a kernel driver problem and Samsung is aware of the problem. New updates do improved the issue, not 100% fixed, but much less shaking and u need to wait Samsung to release new updates for yours region.
Unless, u have rooted u tablet and flash custom ROM with a custom kernel that have the issue fixed.
Thank you for information John. And please keep update if your machine has no 'shaky' again ...

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that everyone has that problem, I know that because I don't have that issue (no screen protector, and was rooted then unrooted then rooted again).

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

eddyxwb

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue with touch screen. Is there a way for me to get this resolved? I did reset and still have the same problem. The only thing that works is my stylus pen.

Any suggestion?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch