Just received tablet. Need urgent help!

HiMynameisMattyK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to set the tablet up and I just signed into my Samsung account. I'm on the screen for restore and auto backup. When I go to next, it tells me it cannot restore because your data has never been backed up. I went to the settings on my note 3 and everything is checked. Can anyone help? I'm on wifi with the tablet

Posted via Android Central App

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to set the tablet up and I just signed into my Samsung account. I'm on the screen for restore and auto backup. When I go to next, it tells me it cannot restore because your data has never been backed up. I went to the settings on my note 3 and everything is checked. Can anyone help? I'm on wifi with the tablet
It should not stop you from doing your initial setup... if you can back out of there or just skip that part, you can always do your Samsung backups through Kies 3 on the desktop.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking it worked like the iPhone where you restore from backup and get everything from the note 3 onto the galaxy tab.

I don't think you can do that. You can set up your g-mail account and it'll download the apps you have downloaded but not the data and stuff that you have on them. If you want that, you can use Helium backup on the N3 and backup app data and then use it on the tab

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I would add one more thing to UJ95x, have you looked into Samsung Smart Switch Mobile? It's free in the Samsung apps market under category/galaxy. It lists the Note 3 and the new Tabs as supported, in theory it could migrate a lot of things for you.

For PC I have heard some good things about Samsung Kies.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I would add one more thing to UJ95x, have you looked into Samsung Smart Switch Mobile? It's free in the Samsung apps market under category/galaxy. It lists the Note 3 and the new Tabs as supported, in theory it could migrate a lot of things for you.

For PC I have heard some good things about Samsung Kies.

Haven't used it since my last Sammy phone wasn't supported, so I could be wrong. If it doesn't, Helium is still an option

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress