Charger/Is This Safe for Our GN/2014?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
As long as there are no sharp edges the kids should be safe enough but ten feet might be long enough to hang themselves.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
As long as there are no sharp edges the kids should be safe enough but ten feet might be long enough to hang themselves.

OTHER than the obvious hanging dangers, does anyone know if we can safely use this charger with the GN/2014? I know Samsung wants you to use their charger but
if this one has all the same innards and ratings, I would think it would be fine, right?

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
IF charger does not have a output of 2100ma (2,1 amps) its going to take forever to charge unit, typically the beauty chargers (cheap & colorful) only put out about 600 to 1000ma ( .6 to 1 amp) and and are only for cell phones, bet you will have the dreaded red "X" over battery charge indicator when you are plugged into this charger when ever unit is on...

IF you need longer cord, put extension on wall wart, err "charger"....

You might get away with just using just the cord with Samsung provided power adapter IF wire gauge (wire size) in cord is large enough... Then again do not be surprised if you get the "X"...

Dale

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Charger output is only 5V /1amp and cable length 10 feet is way too long. With 1 amp it will take forever to charge and 10 feet length, I doubt it will charge the tablet at all. Avoid long cable length for best charging experience.
Have 10 feet cable and charging mine Note 2 overnight and day after (after 7-10Hours), still not fully charged. :'(

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
thanks guys. That's just the info I was looking for. Pretty isn't too pretty if it doesn't work :) I do have (your average indoor) 3ft extension cord that I could use and used to with my Razr but I've since moved the Rarz charging location. Would that cause the tab to take longer to charge?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non