Galaxy Note 10.1: Disable onscreen keyboard

Sera Seagle

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
Is there a way to disable the onscreen keyboard when I connect a bluetooth keyboard? It would be nice if the onscreen keyboard would only show up if I have the manual keyboard turned off.

Last edited by a moderator:

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Disable onscreen keyboard

Hello!
Is there a way to disable the onscreen keyboard when I connect a bluetooth keyboard? It would be nice if the onscreen keyboard would only show up if I have the manual keyboard turned off.

Better yet, you can disable the onscreen keyboard only when a Bluetooth keyboard is connected.
It automatically re-enables the onscreen keyboard when the Bluetooth is disconnected.

This thread shows how: Note 10.1 2014 as a laptop replacement? Surprisingly close. - xda-developers

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Problem with that, the repeat keystroke on the first character is still there. Eliminate it with Null Keyboard or put up with it when using the Samsung keyboard switch option.

Sent via my Note 8

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
My on screen keyboard automatically goes away when my BT keyboard connects. If I disconnect the BT keyboard while still in the text field, I have to touch the screen for the on screen keyboard to display again. I have a Logitech K810 keyboard.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
OK with the onscreen keyboard displayed whilst using the Bluetooth keyboard, do you still get repeat letters?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk