6yryzytu.jpg

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery life way short of the suggested 9 hours

Where did you see that it is supposed to get 9 hours?

I found this on Samsung's site: Samsung Galaxy Note? 10.1- 2014 Edition (Wi-Fi), Black 16GB

• [h=4]BATTERY, STANDBY[/h]Up to 2537 hours*
  • [h=4]BATTERY TYPE AND SIZE[/h]Li-Polymer, 8,220mAh
  • [h=4]MUSIC PLAY TIME[/h]Up to 122 Hours*
  • [h=4]VIDEO PLAY TIME[/h]Up to 10 Hours*
[h=4]INTERNET USE TIME[/h]WiFi: 9 hours

And I found this further down the page:
*Results are based on lab environment testing. Refer to your network carrier’s website for network specific talk times.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Where did you see that it is supposed to get 9 hours?

I found this on Samsung's site: Samsung Galaxy Note? 10.1- 2014 Edition (Wi-Fi), Black 16GB

• [h=4]BATTERY, STANDBY[/h]Up to 2537 hours*
  • [h=4]BATTERY TYPE AND SIZE[/h]Li-Polymer, 8,220mAh
  • [h=4]MUSIC PLAY TIME[/h]Up to 122 Hours*
  • [h=4]VIDEO PLAY TIME[/h]Up to 10 Hours*
[h=4]INTERNET USE TIME[/h]WiFi: 9 hours

And I found this further down the page:
*Results are based on lab environment testing. Refer to your network carrier?s website for network specific talk times.

Wifi 9 hours.. Tbh this thing lasts 1/4th the time as me iPad air which is disappointing

Sent from my SM-N900T

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I get around 7 hours screen time. A 44 minute video chews up 9-10%, so that would correlate to 450 minutes or 7.5 hours. If you're only getting 3 hours screen time, either something is wrong with your tablet or you're using 100% brightness. I use 20% brightness and it looks fine.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I get around 7 hours screen time. A 44 minute video chews up 9-10%, so that would correlate to 450 minutes or 7.5 hours. If you're only getting 3 hours screen time, either something is wrong with your tablet or you're using 100% brightness. I use 20% brightness and it looks fine.

I use 80% brightness on every device I use and even the iPad ran around 11-12 hours of usage before entering another charge

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

2 small details:

1) This didn't last 3 hours. Considering that there's still about 30% of battery left, it should last in total 4h30min, with the same kind of use you had before
2) I've read that the ipad turns off wifi during sleep. Therefore to be comparable, you might want to check the Note's option of turning off wifi when the screen is off.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

2 small details:

1) This didn't last 3 hours. Considering that there's still about 30% of battery left, it should last in total 4h30min, with the same kind of use you had before
2) I've read that the ipad turns off wifi during sleep. Therefore to be comparable, you might want to check the Note's option of turning off wifi when the screen is off.

I plug in my stuff once it hits 30% so effectively only 3 hours

Read? I've used an iPad and your wrong.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Wifi 9 hours.. Tbh this thing lasts 1/4th the time as me iPad air which is disappointing

Sent from my SM-N900T

The key phrase being lab environment testing. Meaning fast wifi, lowered screen , etc. Also what isn't known is how they accomplished the time achieved for video. It could have been a 10 minute video on a loop played until the battery died, with all radios off and low brightness.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

The key phrase being lab environment testing. Meaning fast wifi, lowered screen , etc. Also what isn't known is how they accomplished the time achieved for video. It could have been a 10 minute video on a loop played until the battery died, with all radios off and low brightness.

Apple quotes 10 hours and surpasses that easily.... The tablet can barely reach half..

Sent from my SM-N900T

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I plug in my stuff once it hits 30% so effectively only 3 hours

Read? I've used an iPad and your wrong.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Mod Note : please keep things civil.

Taking the mod cap off, no one rates battery life based on just 70% of the battery. You are right though, the iPad does keep wifi on when on stand by (screen off)

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

iPad does keep wifi on when on stand by (screen off)

Can you get a source for that? There are dozens of forum posts of users complaining of exactly the opposite in the link I provided

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Can you get a source for that? There are dozens of forum posts of users complaining of exactly the opposite in the link I provided

I get emails and hangouts audible notifications when the screen is off. When I turn the screen on, the notifications are on the lock screen

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

BATTERY, STANDBY

Up to 2537 hours*

That is 13 weeks?

If I get 4 days on standby without the battery going dead flat I am lucky.

I sold a 4th Gen iPad to buy the Note 10.1 2014 and am very disappointed in the battery life in comparison.

I used to have the ipas next to my bed. I'd do some light surfing before going to sleep then leave the iPad on standby until the next night. I could easily go on like this for a couple of weeks.

With the Note 10.1 I have to tun it off completely each night. It's a joke :-/

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My iPad air which I recently sold (starting to regret it) lasted me 11-12 hours of screen time till about 30% when I put on a charge. My note 10.1 2014 edition screen time varies from 3-4 hours till I hit 20-30% using both tablets with around 80% brightness, 15 minutes of gaming (total time) , Web browsing and watching videos

Sent from my SM-N900T

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

BATTERY, STANDBY

Up to 2537 hours*

That is 13 weeks?

If I get 4 days on standby without the battery going dead flat I am lucky.

I sold a 4th Gen iPad to buy the Note 10.1 2014 and am very disappointed in the battery life in comparison.

I used to have the ipas next to my bed. I'd do some light surfing before going to sleep then leave the iPad on standby until the next night. I could easily go on like this for a couple of weeks.

With the Note 10.1 I have to tun it off completely each night. It's a joke :-/
jegynute.jpg

Someone got like 3 months standy time. Someone at factory forgot to turn the tab off beore put it on the box. Too bad I cant find that thread again and upload some pictures. He showed googles location history, when the Note 2014 had a traveling around the World adventure, before it lands on his hand. :)

tomlh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Just charge it and stop worrying about it.
I have both an Ipad 4 and my note. The Ipad yes does last a little longer but in everyday use I don't notice it because rather than worry whether the battery is going to run out of charge or not I charge it.
I never need 80% brightness unless outside in the sun, 20-30% is fine in most places and the screen brightness is the killer.

I have never let mine get below 20% it's called planning. If I go on a 10 hour flight then I expect it to run out so I take a book or watch the inflight entertainment or sleep.
Batteries discharge, get used to it.
Buy 2 tabs or a portable recharger, plan ahead.