Handwriting recognition on Jelly Bean

hagland

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post, been reading alot of posts in here!

I have this small problem when it comes to the handrwriting recognition after i upgraded to jelly bean two days ago.

After the upgrade the handwriting recognition is problematic, it sort of seems that the time it takes to write something before it being converted into plain text is way too short. I can't even finish a word now before it transforms the letters already written. It gets a bit irritating when you try to write longer texts. For instance if i try to write "Hello" i only have time to write "He" before it transforms the letters.
On ICS it worked perfectly, and i am regretting doing the upgrade. Is this a bug? Might there come an update after the launch of JB is finished (i have no clue on the update procedures of bugs)?
Or is there any way of increasing the time between conversions?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think many people have Jelly Bean yet on the forum. I was actually looking last night to see how to Flash the German 4.1.1 to my Note and saw the Sammobile site on how to do it. I was worried about maybe having a problem or a bug such as you are mentioning, so decided to hold off for now. I'm hoping that we in the States get the Update soon, as I'm getting impatient as a lot of the people here are. I hope someone can answer your question. I'm going to have to be patient with the wait, like everyone else.

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I dont have this issue. Follow these steps and it might fix it for you. First go to keyboard settings like so.

uploadfromtaptalk1356935555735.jpg

Then tap handwriting and it brings you here. Then change the mode to complete. I prefer it.

uploadfromtaptalk1356935585843.jpg

By the way, there are no bugs. I am on german 4.1.2 and its so worth it. Let me know if this works.

HygradeB

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I dont have this issue. Follow these steps and it might fix it for you. First go to keyboard settings like so.

View attachment 54999

Then tap handwriting and it brings you here. Then change the mode to complete. I prefer it.

View attachment 55000

By the way, there are no bugs. I am on german 4.1.2 and its so worth it. Let me know if this works.

Wat type tab have you got? Is it the 8010, i want to try the 4.1.2 sammobile down load but it seems it only for the 8000

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Wat type tab have you got? Is it the 8010, i want to try the 4.1.2 sammobile down load but it seems it only for the 8000

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

I have the 8013 running the 8000 german 4.1.2 rom. Not too many issues from what I can tell. Worth the upgrade.

Sai Woon Mine

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I recently upgraded my Tab2 7.0 to Jellybean 4.1.1 and have lost the handwriting feature. Can't even find the options for it in the setting. Please help. :(

moelleux

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here... just updated my brand new note10 from icecreamsandwich to JB and theres not more text recognition option beside the space bar and the S note cant do it either

tonythedog

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I am using a Galaxy Note 10.1. The handwriting recognition is excellent but I cannot find any way to teach new words to the dictionary. The usual Settings/Language and input/..../Predictive Text/ User Dictionary option has been removed by Samsung and the personalisation options only allow learn from facebook or gmail or twitter etc. Anyone found a way to deal with this and add user specific words?