Recovering Deleted Icon from Trash

jj3105

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
HI

I'm new to the Samsung Galaxy Note and am on a steep learning curve. I have just accidently put the settings icon in the trash can while trying to move it. Can you please help with how to retrieve it?

Thanks

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You didn't lose it, you just deleted off the homescreen. If you hit the square shape of small squares at the upper right hand corner of the homescreen, you'll open up the app drawer and you'll see it with all your apps in the app drawer. They are all listed in alphabetical order. Just long press on the settings Icon and drag it up to the top of the screen and it will move back onto your homescreen. Same goes for any apps you want to bring up to the homescreen from the app drawer. Also, long press the icons to drag from homescreen to homescreen from either side to put on next homescreen.

Kermit the Frog1

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
My settings icon was accidentally deleted. When I dragged the settings shortcut to the screen from the app drawer, I was redirected to the settings menu and can only put a settings subsection (Accessibiliy, Application manager etc..) in its place. Is there a way to get the general settings sprocket back? Thanks.

stepheninkent

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Try home, touch grid top right corner, menu bar (3black lines) then shoh hiddeb icons.. long press to place tick then done
And I cant find a menu icon on my screen! can you which menu icon you have lost?

itsmenhi

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Note Phone

I have somehow managed to delete my APPS ICON. I use a third party app go GO LAUNCHER and can't seem to find the APPS ICON anymore. It is still available if I use the standard homescreen. Is there a way for me to retrieve the APPS ICON again? I've tried to hold down on the homescreen and tried to find it in the apps library but it's not there anymore.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You many have hid it. Go in app draw and hit menu button. Scroll down until you see hidden icons option

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: lost trash can

You don't get it unless you have an icon activated (long-press one). If there was an icon that looked like a trash can, some "developer" should learn that icons have meaning, and that no app, unless it's an app to delete icons, should use the trash can icon. And we'd have no idea what app that icon was for.

Leen Gonzales

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Good Day!!

I am using Samsung A3 2016. I accidentally deleted the app drawer icon and could not retrieve it... been trying for the past 2 days.. please help me out... Thanks..

One-of-a-kind-1987

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi can someone help me, ive accidentally deleted the youtube app icon and the shortcut icon off my partners galaxy s7 edge when ive tried to re-install it its saying its already installed, I really dont know what to do

swatters1

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
You hold down and press an empty space until a menu pops up. There it will say apps and widgets click that. It will look like you are at the app drawer then you find the app you deleted. Hold down on it until you can move it and bring it back to home screen. Best of luck
Hi can someone help me, ive accidentally deleted the youtube app icon and the shortcut icon off my partners galaxy s7 edge when ive tried to re-install it its saying its already installed, I really dont know what to do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryricherd