WOuld you all leave the 10.1 and go with the note 8 inch if you all could?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the 10.1 currently and thinking about going with the note 8. WOuld you all leave the 10.1 and go with the 8 if you all could? Other than screen size, would you all?

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
No. There are just those times when old eyes like the larger screen. Now it could replace my Note 2.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy 7 plus and gave it to my daughter. I like the 10inch better.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have both the galaxy note 10.1 and galaxy note 2 phone, so getting another galaxy note would be awesome. I use my note 2 a lot for when I am on the go and my note 10.1 when I am in school. I dont see a huge need to have another tablet, but I would not mind it.

tAKticool

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
right now I just got the Note 10.1 and am lusting over getting a Note 2..... I have Net 10 for now , i see they have the white Note II ... but I am also thinking about waiting for the next Note 3 which is a reported super computer... but plz tell me your experience with having both

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I would trade my 101 for an 8"....I like that I can take notes with LectureNote on the Note 10.1 and having room to put my wrist down and write with the pen is key...I would miss that on an 8"-er I think.
My phone is S3...I may wait to see what the Note III is like....I like the S4 but with only 16GB of memory offered on Verizon so far and only ~8GB free RAM and no way to put apps on the SD card I won;t buy an S4....Note III may be next step phone but am def keeping the 10.1 and not interested in 8".

boxer2

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Not for me. I have a 7inch Nook Color and while its a handy size for reading, I really enjoy the larger real estate of the note 10.1.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't. I have a BlackBerry PlayBook and the Note 10.1. I have no need for the Note 8. Also recently got the Sprint S2. I'm happy with the combo for now.

Sent from my S2 Ep-Touch

Hest88

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
No way. I also have a Nexus 7 for reading and commuting, but much proper the size of the 10.1 for most other things.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I have a Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus for when I'm out (near wifi hot spot or tethered). A little "surfing", get/send email, reading...perfect. For "heavy lifting" though, GN 10.1 is my choice...replaced my laptop.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I have a Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus for when I'm out (near wifi hot spot or tethered). A little "surfing", get/send email, reading...perfect. For "heavy lifting" though, GN 10.1 is my choice...replaced my laptop.

Yep, it's a rare occasion that I have to pull out the laptop now. That was my goal.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
No. I started with a 10" xoom, then went to a nexus 7. Ultimately decided I wanted a 10" again so picked this up. Using it at home and for work, the larger screen fits my needs for data input.

Now for straight media consumption, I have no problem with a smaller screen. However, if you are dealing with media or data creations, as I do, the larger screen is a necessity.

Posted via Android Central App

redmallard1108

May 12, 2013
Visit site
No, however, it was the 8.0 that got me to the 10.1. I liked the form factor of the 8, how it fit my hand, the light weight, and the pixel density. Then I read some posts and began looking at the larger device anew. Rethought my needs and decided the 10.1 was my choice. Oh, how I both enjoy and believe in this product. Everything is a compromise, but the 10.1 has so few of them.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hells no. I've done that form factor already, and now that I have the Note 10.1, it's like when I had a smaller phone and moved to the Note 2 -- no way I can go back.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

pmcdunnough

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I had a Note 10.1 and finally decided to go with the Note 8. I mainly use Lecture notes and various pdf apps to give presentations. I really liked the 10.1 but the Note 8 works great in landscape mode for Lecture notes. I think if I were a student I would have stayed with the 10.1. It's a great tablet for an active digitizer. I do like the home, option and return button on the Note 8 as opposed to being on the screen with the 10.1 . It's a personal thing but the Note 8 just feels better to me. I mainly have iPads and this is my first Android tablet. The stylus is great, the resolution is perfect ( I prefer it to the 10.1 or my iPad Mini). I suspect a new 10" Note will come out and that should be very interesting.

Philip

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

Spungus X

May 21, 2013
Visit site
No. I previously had a Nexus 7 and found the screen too small. An eight inch screen wouldn't be much better. Now if Samsung made a 12" Note.....

skycross

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a 5" screen on my phone so 8" wouldn't do much for me. I have no interest in anything under 10".. even if the specs were better. I rarely use my laptop now. Thrilled with the note 10.1. Wish my phone had the front facing speakers though.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
No personally I wouldn't.. I already have the note 2, so get the note 8? I did get a chance to play with the 8.0 at Best Buy.. I didn't like the way the multi view looked and plus it looked like a blowed up version of my phone.. I originally bought a 16g and returned it for a 32g..and I'm very happy.. Now to figure out all its capable off.. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2