Problem with handwriting on Galaxy Note 10.1

ababili

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I'm using Galaxy Note 10.1 for about a year now and I found handwriting in Gmail, Firefox etc very-very useful.

Yesterday, the firmware of the device was automatically updated, and since then I can use handwriting only in S-Note and no other app.

Any idea how I can get handwriting back in all the apps?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
What firmware did you get updated to? On your keyboard do you a microphone symbol? When you press and hold that you should get more options. The T with the pen is for handwriting.

ababili

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello, Mom2Ninjas, and thanks for trying to help.

Unfortunately, it was exactly this symbol -the pen- that was missing (I only had the microphone and the Settings symbol).

I even called Samsung's customer support, talked with them for over half an hour and they had nothing else to suggest than "restore to factory settings" and that's what I did :'(

Now everything seems to work fine.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello, Mom2Ninjas, and thanks for trying to help.

Unfortunately, it was exactly this symbol -the pen- that was missing (I only had the microphone and the Settings symbol).

I even called Samsung's customer support, talked with them for over half an hour and they had nothing else to suggest than "restore to factory settings" and that's what I did :'(

Now everything seems to work fine.

That is so weird. Did you maybe have a new keyboard?

Are you rooted?

What firmware are you on?

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
That's so unfortunate. I believe turing off the device a few times would have helped. With new updates in either firmware or software, the device needs time and rest in order to work properly. Next time this happens, restart at least 3 to 5 times.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For the penvto work, you have to use the stock keyboard. It will not activaye otherwise.

Posted via Android Central App

munkyphunk

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem too. After reading this thread and playing around I discovered you need to hold down the "cog" settings button and select the "T" from the pop-up menu. thanks for pointing me in the right direction folks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana