Android OS Draining my Note 8 Battery when Locked

pmcdunnough

May 18, 2013
Visit site
This has been an ongoing issue. I originally was losing 70% charge overnight. When I checked the battery stats I found that the Android OS was using up most of the drain and something was waking up the tablet for hours. I restored factory settings, disabled almost everything which makes the tablet interesting and am now losing "only" 30%. The Android OS seems to be the culprit. In particular "Stay awake" is keeping the Note 8 from a Deep Sleep. I am now checking for email once overnight, turned off location services, turned off GPS, etc...

It would seem that the only way of stopping the drain is to have nothing working on the Note 8. This is just crazy. It doesn't appear to be the battery as I get a reasonable battery life when I use the Note 8.

I can leave my iPad for ages sleeping even though it checks for mail frequently. There is something about all these Google services that is stealing my battery life. I have tried a number of apps to identify things and it all comes down to android services which appear to wake the tablet. Does anyone have a solution other than turning off the tablet?

Thanks,

Philip

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This has been an ongoing issue. I originally was losing 70% charge overnight. When I checked the battery stats I found that the Android OS was using up most of the drain and something was waking up the tablet for hours. I restored factory settings, disabled almost everything which makes the tablet interesting and am now losing "only" 30%. The Android OS seems to be the culprit. In particular "Stay awake" is keeping the Note 8 from a Deep Sleep. I am now checking for email once overnight, turned off location services, turned off GPS, etc...

It would seem that the only way of stopping the drain is to have nothing working on the Note 8. This is just crazy. It doesn't appear to be the battery as I get a reasonable battery life when I use the Note 8.

I can leave my iPad for ages sleeping even though it checks for mail frequently. There is something about all these Google services that is stealing my battery life. I have tried a number of apps to identify things and it all comes down to android services which appear to wake the tablet. Does anyone have a solution other than turning off the tablet?

Thanks,

Philip

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Have you received an update to your OS recently? If so, have you cleared your cache in recovery?

janciani

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my samsung galaxy s4, a few days ago I updated software buy I've been experiencing this before that. But now its worst drops 70% when not using, the phone gets very hot. I'll attach a picture of the battery status. Screenshot_2013-11-06-12-06-20.jpg

pmcdunnough

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Have you received an update to your OS recently? If so, have you cleared your cache in recovery?

I haven't received any update. This has been an ongoing issue and seems to be an issue with Google services. It is the Android OS that is causing the drain according to the various utilities I have tried.

Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana