Can a Galaxy Note 10.1 be factory reset with buttons only?

foo-fighter

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I've broken the display on my Note 10.1. I could replace the display but I don't think it will be viable given the value of this tablet. So, I'm thinking about selling the tablet for spares/repair.

My question is, can I perform a factory reset using some combination of the exterior buttons? As I have no way of doing it via the display, obviously.

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If you had Android device manager installed and set up, you can sign in on a computer or another Android device and do a factory reset.

foo-fighter

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Giving my thread a bump as I've made some progress.

So... my tablet has a broken digitizer, and maybe broken LCD (the ribbon cable is broken). However, using a HDMI adaptor I can see that the tablet is switched on and working. My Plan A is simply to reset to factory and sell it on. Is there any way I can reset it from here? I've tried using a mouse connected to an OTG cable but no success.

Any help much appreciated.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
You can factory reset without digitizer or LCD when you can see it on TV.
Using Power and Volume Up to Recovery Mode, then Volume Down to Wipe Data/ Factory Reset, then Power Button to Select, you're done.

Other option, buy a tablet with good LCD but no power on or whatever wrong with the mainboard, around $100, then swap the LCD assembly.
Assume you know how but it's not difficult . I always do that with broken LCD tablet to make it alive again.

foo-fighter

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for that update. That's a help, but I'm not there yet. Those button presses do not reset my tablet; it just reboots.

I found a video here that shows the reset routine (starts at 1:20), but the second screen shows several lines of "No", and you have to key down to the "yes". Is this the same every time, or is it random? If someone could help me with the right sequence of button presses, that would be amazing!!!! :)

Darvlaskie

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and it freezes at Samsung bootup logo. After surfing the net, i have found a solution that says to do a factory reset on my device. I did the factory reset and restarted by device. But it still freezes at bootup logo. Can someone please help me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf