Samsung galaxy note 10.1 gt-n8000 battery won't charge.

Jesper Ottosson

Aug 12, 2019
Visit site
My old Samsung galaxy note 10.1 gt-n8000 suffers from battery draining while charging and I don't know why.

It won't charge when it's completely turned off.

The red X does not appear while charging.

I've tried basic things such as reinstall the system, cleaning the docks, used different chargers/cables even orginal ones.

I've also replaced the whole battery (non original) and even changed the charging dock from a 0.4 to 0.5 (Original) but it didn't fix the problem.

When I first got the new battery it was 40% charged so I tried to keep charging it both turned off and on but it didn't work.

I haven't drained the new battery to 0% yet, fearing that it might get worse.

One thing I've noticed though, a couple of days after I changed the battery, its time and date were completely wrong but the battery was still on 37%.

Could the separat battery clock be the problem somehow?

Would appreciate any tips on how to fix this! Thx

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've also replaced the whole battery
Big mistake. Now see if you can find a repair shop that will repair a tablet that you've worked on. (Most won't.) The original diagnosis was correct - discharging with the charger plugged in means a bad battery - but I always recommend that you let a repair shop replace it because the untrained owner usually breaks something by doing it himself. There are too many almost-hair-thin wires, too many connectors to overlook, too many small parts to not notice.

Jesper Ottosson

Aug 12, 2019
Visit site
Thx for replying

The issue is still the same as before I ever opened it so i hardly believe that I've done something in damaging any components. I'm very familiar with PCB's and handling it with caution. I've even studiet it in the NTI school in Sweden.
Sure I might not be an expert, but changing a battery or other components without the need of soldering is no problem.

I've considered bringing it to a repair shop, but if it's just easy fix problem, I would rather fix it myself rather spending a lot money on it.

Would appreciate if there's any other way to fix it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Galaxy Note forum (for the original Galaxy Note phone) to the Galaxy Note 10.1 forum (for your tablet).

rizky farhan

Apr 21, 2022
Visit site
had some similar issue here mine got stuck at the battery logo in off mode. the scenario is if i plug it into charger in off mode the screen came up with baterry logo but on stuck looping (non moving animation) with another minute the device complete off. any idea?

i had check the battery and dock still good function on multimeter tester.