Samsung Galaxy S24+ Repair/Data Recovery advice

pkmnsage

Feb 29, 2024
Visit site
It's been a frustrating couple of days and I'm coming to terms with the fact that I might not be able to recover the data on my new Galaxy S24+. Which I acknowledge is my fault for failing to setup my phone to regularly backup its data.

Monday night, I went to bed without plugging my phone in. I awoke to it having turned off. I plugged it in for hours, but when I checked on it, all it had was the grey circle and lightning bolt indicating that it was plugged in. It hadn't charged the phone. I've tried multiple chargers; official, 3rd party, wired, and wireless. No charging.

I called Samsung Tuesday and they acknowledged that this was a known issue that just required a software update. But that since the phone wouldn't turn on, I would need to bring it to an authorized service center and have them do the update.

I went to the authorized service center Wednesday, and they claimed that they were not able to perform the repair. I called Samsung again and they said it would need to be mailed in to be repaired. I asked the representative if they would need to erase my phone, as I do not have a recent backup. The representative said that no, they would not need to, even when I brought up that the repair email I received said that it would be reset.

After all this, I'm hesitant to trust what the rep said about the phone being reset. Do I have any options to recover the data? My next step is to call other repair shops to see if they are able to fix it. And I've even considered asking the first service center if I can pay to have the batter replaced (assuming that the battery has some amount of charge, this could give me the ability to backup the data before the phone dies again). Or should I just take the gamble by sending it in to be fixed by Samsung?

Reactions: fresca2u

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
It's been a frustrating couple of days and I'm coming to terms with the fact that I might not be able to recover the data on my new Galaxy S24+. Which I acknowledge is my fault for failing to setup my phone to regularly backup its data.

Monday night, I went to bed without plugging my phone in. I awoke to it having turned off. I plugged it in for hours, but when I checked on it, all it had was the grey circle and lightning bolt indicating that it was plugged in. It hadn't charged the phone. I've tried multiple chargers; official, 3rd party, wired, and wireless. No charging.

I called Samsung Tuesday and they acknowledged that this was a known issue that just required a software update. But that since the phone wouldn't turn on, I would need to bring it to an authorized service center and have them do the update.

I went to the authorized service center Wednesday, and they claimed that they were not able to perform the repair. I called Samsung again and they said it would need to be mailed in to be repaired. I asked the representative if they would need to erase my phone, as I do not have a recent backup. The representative said that no, they would not need to, even when I brought up that the repair email I received said that it would be reset.

After all this, I'm hesitant to trust what the rep said about the phone being reset. Do I have any options to recover the data? My next step is to call other repair shops to see if they are able to fix it. And I've even considered asking the first service center if I can pay to have the batter replaced (assuming that the battery has some amount of charge, this could give me the ability to backup the data before the phone dies again). Or should I just take the gamble by sending it in to be fixed by Samsung?
I would try hooking up to a PC and see if it can access the phone. If so you can save all the data to your PC and then transfer it back after the repair.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It's been a frustrating couple of days and I'm coming to terms with the fact that I might not be able to recover the data on my new Galaxy S24+. Which I acknowledge is my fault for failing to setup my phone to regularly backup its data. ~
And here's something that I suppose you and your repair shop already tried; and that's holding-down the power button for an extra-long...extended period of time?
A similar overnight [full battery drain/wouldn't power-up] circumstance happened to my S7A. With the charging cable plugged-in, I held the power button down for what seemed like 30 seconds or more, until my finger was hurting. And after I was starting to think it would never power-up again.... it suddenly powered on!

Reactions: Laura Knotek