09-04-2019 11:21 AM
724 12345 ...
tools
    I've had the Note8 for two years, battery is terrible. But, just not sure if I want the 10 or 10+. The plus doesnt look 'much' bigger, but the 10 does look a little wider. Any place have demos yet?
    Yeah, they should have them at all the Best Buys. They do in San Antonio. I saw the demo yesterday and played with it.
    08-11-2019 04:28 AM
    A week from today, our accounts will be charged and voila, note 10 is in our hands
    jamezr and Nostromo79 like this.
    08-11-2019 07:06 AM
    What I don't like about the VZW offer is that the $450 discount is applied over the 24 months. Each month they charge you the full payment and then credit you 1/24th of the $450. You can't pay them off early. We always buy them outright or pay them off quickly, so that's kind of a sticking point for me. I can get $350 from Best Buy for my N8 toward a Verizon N10+, so I think that's the way I'm going. I hate being tied to payments for 2 years, and not being able to pay it off early (without penalty).
    That's the smart way to do it as BB gives you the credit off the top. Bestbuy gets more of an incentive for you purchasing the phone from them vs Verizon. They're(Bestbuy) is looking for bulk sales not long term customers as Verizon is.
    Inkdnaija and TMavC5 like this.
    08-11-2019 10:05 AM
    That's the smart way to do it as BB gives you the credit off the top. Bestbuy gets more of an incentive for you purchasing the phone from them vs Verizon. They're(Bestbuy) is looking for bulk sales not long term customers as Verizon is.
    **hits forehead** duh marketing 101
    buzzy3970 likes this.
    08-11-2019 10:07 AM
    The sad thing is, vzw employees can't buy through BB, only through vzw.
    Inkdnaija likes this.
    08-11-2019 10:36 AM
    A week from today, our accounts will be charged and voila, note 10 is in our hands
    I bought a Note10 Plus in Aura Glow from the 'Sung directly and one from Xfinity for my eventual move from Verizon. Both Samsung and Xfinity Mobile took my money immediately (going on four days now) and have not relinquished their hold on the funds; which is what I prefer as it pertains to bookkeeping. I check my accounts daily so I can see, passively, that the funds are still debited to those two entities.
    Inkdnaija likes this.
    08-11-2019 11:09 AM
    I bought a Note10 Plus in Aura Glow from the 'Sung directly and one from Xfinity for my eventual move from Verizon. Both Samsung and Xfinity Mobile took my money immediately (going on four days now) and have not relinquished their hold on the funds; which is what I prefer as it pertains to bookkeeping. I check my accounts daily so I can see, passively, that the funds are still debited to those two entities.
    Ok maybe some accounts a week from today
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-11-2019 11:23 AM
    Ok maybe some accounts a week from today
    Yes. Verizon is like that. They also have pinged an account then put the money back very quickly. Last year they reneged on an order for an 8GB/512GB Note9 that was timestamped at 3:05 AM on that morning when pre-orders went live. That was five minutes after the orders went live. I've played nice with them since then but I haven't forgotten.
    Inkdnaija likes this.
    08-11-2019 11:32 AM
    Yes. Verizon is like that. They also have pinged an account then put the money back very quickly. Last year they reneged on an order for an 8GB/512GB Note9 that was timestamped at 3:05 AM on that morning when pre-orders went live. That was five minutes after the orders went live. I've played nice with them since then but I haven't forgotten.
    That's a ****ty thing to do
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-11-2019 11:40 AM
    That's a ****ty thing to do
    They offered no explanation as to why either. The issue did not crop up until five days before shipment was to have begun. I ordered a 'placeholder' 6GB/128GB Note9 from Samsung which arrived on time then an 8GB/512GB Note9 from Samsung as availability improved. I traded-in the lightly-used 6 gig Note9 on the Note10 Plus 12GB(!)/256GB Aura Glow.
    Inkdnaija likes this.
    08-11-2019 11:48 AM
    The sad thing is, vzw employees can't buy through BB, only through vzw.
    Now that sucks, but makes perfect sense. Didn't think about that kind of scenario.
    Inkdnaija likes this.
    08-11-2019 11:50 AM
    They offered no explanation as to why either. The issue did not crop up until five days before shipment was to have begun. I ordered a 'placeholder' 6GB/128GB Note9 from Samsung which arrived on time then an 8GB/512GB Note9 from Samsung as availability improved. I traded-in the lightly-used 6 gig Note9 on the Note10 Plus 12GB(!)/256GB Aura Glow.
    Typical
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-11-2019 11:57 AM
    Ok I have searched through the posts a bit and I'm not finding a answer so I'm hoping I didn't miss it and am asking something the was ready answered. I just ordered two 512gb note 10 + from Verizon, they are giving me $450 a piece for two note 8's. I went to best buy and they had the Samsung credit offer but only were giving $300 a piece for the note 8's. Can I get the Samsung $150 credit going through Verizon or is it only best buy and Samsung directly?
    08-11-2019 03:24 PM
    Ok I have searched through the posts a bit and I'm not finding a answer so I'm hoping I didn't miss it and am asking something the was ready answered. I just ordered two 512gb note 10 + from Verizon, they are giving me $450 a piece for two note 8's. I went to best buy and they had the Samsung credit offer but only were giving $300 a piece for the note 8's. Can I get the Samsung $150 credit going through Verizon or is it only best buy and Samsung directly?
    You can get the $150 Samsung.com credit through Verizon as well.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=wA0XDS41
    SpaceyO likes this.
    08-11-2019 03:35 PM
    When the Verizon pre-order page first went up I noticed that you could get $450 towards the new Note 10 with trade-ins that included the Note 4... Of course I assumed this was a mistake and I swung by a Verizon store on my way home from work and they too pulled up the trade in promotion which said $450 for the Note 4. But then they pulled up something internal that did not include the Note 4.
    So I called vwz when I got home and the guy over the phone was cool. He was like heck yeah the Note 4 is on there! He confirmed with his supervisor and they both agreed that indeed I can trade my archaic Note 4 towards the 10 and get the $450. Nothings for certain until I get the 10 and send in the 4 and see the credits for the $450 start showing up. But I'm hoping it works out. Then I can just sell my Note 8 for some cash or keep it as a decent back up.
    Inkdnaija, kj11 and Rose4uKY like this.
    08-11-2019 04:15 PM
    When the Verizon pre-order page first went up I noticed that you could get $450 towards the new Note 10 with trade-ins that included the Note 4... Of course I assumed this was a mistake and I swung by a Verizon store on my way home from work and they too pulled up the trade in promotion which said $450 for the Note 4. But then they pulled up something internal that did not include the Note 4.
    So I called vwz when I got home and the guy over the phone was cool. He was like heck yeah the Note 4 is on there! He confirmed with his supervisor and they both agreed that indeed I can trade my archaic Note 4 towards the 10 and get the $450. Nothings for certain until I get the 10 and send in the 4 and see the credits for the $450 start showing up. But I'm hoping it works out. Then I can just sell my Note 8 for some cash or keep it as a decent back up.
    That's a stellar deal if true. Had a friend trying to trade in a note 5 at Bestbuy and the phone wasn't even on the list lol...
    08-11-2019 04:46 PM
    So, with no trade what bonus can you still get pre ordering from Verizon?
    Inkdnaija likes this.
    08-11-2019 04:58 PM
    Man or girl, I would just sell cause Verizon is fickle
    08-11-2019 05:49 PM
    Read what it says there. $300 trade in. The $450 is if you activate a new line. $300 is still good for a note 4 though, not as good for a note 9. I traded in a S5 for the $300.

EDIT... Verizon, those sneaky you know what. Those all said $300 Friday, now they are saying $200 and $100. Does anyone happen to have a screenshot of the $300 amounts.
    Inkdnaija and Nostromo79 like this.
    08-11-2019 07:05 PM
    Ok, I went somewhere else on Verizon's website and it shows the trade in now. This time it shows the full $450 with no mention of new line required. I get so sick of Verizon reps telling me wrong info, not once, not twice, but three times. I know I'll be fighting over this after I get the phone.
    Inkdnaija likes this.
    08-11-2019 07:26 PM
    Went to BB today and played with both models. For me, the 10 felt better. I don't care (personally) for the SD card slot (never used mine on the Note8), nor the head phone jack. Use bluetooth. Plus, I've always kept my Note8 on 1080p anyway. So I'll keep my pre-order for the 10.

But my question is, I know you can tap to wake, but can you take to put to sleep? Not a fan of the power button on the left now.
    08-11-2019 07:56 PM
    Went to BB today and played with both models. For me, the 10 felt better. I don't care (personally) for the SD card slot (never used mine on the Note8), nor the head phone jack. Use bluetooth. Plus, I've always kept my Note8 on 1080p anyway. So I'll keep my pre-order for the 10.

But my question is, I know you can tap to wake, but can you take to put to sleep? Not a fan of the power button on the left now.
    If it's like the S10, you can only tap to wake up.

You can get Nova prime launcher, that to can double tap to turn screen off. Been doing it for years.
    jordans0nly and Inkdnaija like this.
    08-11-2019 08:09 PM
    Ok, I went somewhere else on Verizon's website and it shows the trade in now. This time it shows the full $450 with no mention of new line required. I get so sick of Verizon reps telling me wrong info, not once, not twice, but three times. I know I'll be fighting over this after I get the phone. [IMG=485x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190811/0fb3739ed1a3aa284a05007f9d979c71.jpg[/url]
    I hate their constant use of the word unlimited without making it clear. I'm on the OG Udp(2009} and know that unlimited plan doesn't qualify for the discount, but reading here it seems like it would. Would hate to get a phone then trade one in just to find out that I don't qualify.
    Inkdnaija and Nostromo79 like this.
    08-11-2019 08:57 PM
    I hate their constant use of the word unlimited without making it clear. I'm on the OG Udp(2009} and know that unlimited plan doesn't qualify for the discount, but reading here it seems like it would. Would hate to get a phone then trade one in just to find out that I don't qualify.
    Chances are on the grandfathered unlimited, they will not allow the trade in. I used to be on that plan, they did nothing for us on those plans.
    08-11-2019 09:59 PM
    Exactly nothing at all although even though it's considered the truly unlimited data plan....
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-11-2019 11:41 PM
724 12345 ...