Verizon Pre Order

Dannyb84

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Do they just require the 1 year of payments to be made (so you are upgrade eligible) or does the entire phone have to be paid off?

I believe the entire phone has to be paid off, but may be worth asking since Apple typically has the annual upgrade.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
What I don't like about the VZW offer is that the $450 discount is applied over the 24 months. Each month they charge you the full payment and then credit you 1/24th of the $450. You can't pay them off early. We always buy them outright or pay them off quickly, so that's kind of a sticking point for me. I can get $350 from Best Buy for my N8 toward a Verizon N10+, so I think that's the way I'm going. I hate being tied to payments for 2 years, and not being able to pay it off early (without penalty).

Inkdnaija

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
What I don't like about the VZW offer is that the $450 discount is applied over the 24 months. Each month they charge you the full payment and then credit you 1/24th of the $450. You can't pay them off early. We always buy them outright or pay them off quickly, so that's kind of a sticking point for me. I can get $350 from Best Buy for my N8 toward a Verizon N10+, so I think that's the way I'm going. I hate being tied to payments for 2 years, and not being able to pay it off early (without penalty).

That's annoying!

Inkdnaija

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site

My brother will be doing the same

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Note8 for two years, battery is terrible. But, just not sure if I want the 10 or 10+. The plus doesnt look 'much' bigger, but the 10 does look a little wider. Any place have demos yet?

Yeah, they should have them at all the Best Buys. They do in San Antonio. I saw the demo yesterday and played with it.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
That's the smart way to do it as BB gives you the credit off the top. Bestbuy gets more of an incentive for you purchasing the phone from them vs Verizon. They're(Bestbuy) is looking for bulk sales not long term customers as Verizon is.

Inkdnaija

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
That's the smart way to do it as BB gives you the credit off the top. Bestbuy gets more of an incentive for you purchasing the phone from them vs Verizon. They're(Bestbuy) is looking for bulk sales not long term customers as Verizon is.

**hits forehead** duh marketing 101

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The sad thing is, vzw employees can't buy through BB, only through vzw.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
A week from today, our accounts will be charged and voila, note 10 is in our hands

I bought a Note10 Plus in Aura Glow from the 'Sung directly and one from Xfinity for my eventual move from Verizon. Both Samsung and Xfinity Mobile took my money immediately (going on four days now) and have not relinquished their hold on the funds; which is what I prefer as it pertains to bookkeeping. I check my accounts daily so I can see, passively, that the funds are still debited to those two entities.

Inkdnaija

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
I bought a Note10 Plus in Aura Glow from the 'Sung directly and one from Xfinity for my eventual move from Verizon. Both Samsung and Xfinity Mobile took my money immediately (going on four days now) and have not relinquished their hold on the funds; which is what I prefer as it pertains to bookkeeping. I check my accounts daily so I can see, passively, that the funds are still debited to those two entities.

Ok maybe some accounts a week from today

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Ok maybe some accounts a week from today

Yes. Verizon is like that. They also have pinged an account then put the money back very quickly. Last year they reneged on an order for an 8GB/512GB Note9 that was timestamped at 3:05 AM on that morning when pre-orders went live. That was five minutes after the orders went live. I've played nice with them since then but I haven't forgotten.

Inkdnaija

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
Yes. Verizon is like that. They also have pinged an account then put the money back very quickly. Last year they reneged on an order for an 8GB/512GB Note9 that was timestamped at 3:05 AM on that morning when pre-orders went live. That was five minutes after the orders went live. I've played nice with them since then but I haven't forgotten.

That's a ****ty thing to do

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
That's a ****ty thing to do

They offered no explanation as to why either. The issue did not crop up until five days before shipment was to have begun. I ordered a 'placeholder' 6GB/128GB Note9 from Samsung which arrived on time then an 8GB/512GB Note9 from Samsung as availability improved. I traded-in the lightly-used 6 gig Note9 on the Note10 Plus 12GB(!)/256GB Aura Glow.