Anybody getting cold feet with their Note 10 order?

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
There's significant features lost from the Note 9 to the Note 10.

-Iris scanner
-haptic feedback home button
-Finger Gestures
-Rear fingerprint
-Headphone jack for some but not me
-Power button on the right
-Extra reprogrammable button (known to some as Bixby)

These features make using such a big phone a lot easier and they will be missed if traded in for the Note 10.

I went to Best Buy and compared the Note 9 vs Note 10. Here is an example of the N9 being easier to use. When you have a YouTube video up to full screen, on the Note 9 you tap where the (haptic) home button is to get out of app and to the home screen. You can't do this on the Note 10. You have to swipe up and then hit the home button. This extra step on the Note 10 seems small but this is one of many examples of how the Note 9 is easier to use.

On the plus side for the Note 10, I was impressed with the camera especially the wide screen camera and how it and the other cameras are integrated to make it seem like you're using 1.

Seeing the Note 9 and Note 10 next to each other, it's not easy justifying paying $500 plus the Note 9 for a 10 especially when you're giving up several features.

Gonna think twice about giving up the 9 for the 10. I'll most likely get it but seeing the two next to each other the thought of cancelling my order does cross my mind.

View attachment 306459

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190808-232109_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190808-232109_Gallery.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I want to, but I just got my Note 9 in December. I still owe just under $500 on it. We'll see.

Last edited:

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Add another loss....the Note 10 won't be compatible with the Gear VR....if you have a VR or even use it I haven't used my Gear VR in a while but it did have a really cool exercise app/game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190808-234540_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190808-234540_Chrome.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 49

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably the exception but once new version is released can't use the old one even if someone gives it for free

Can't wait for the Note 10+ ... New phone fever

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
i'm happy with my order. the stuff that other people consider a loss aren't a loss to me. Plus i'll still have my N9 as a backup if i end up not liking the n 10 once i get it on my hands.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Nope I am happy with my order. Aura blue unlocked 10+.600 trade in and 150 credit. Getting phone 491.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Loss of finger gestures, what are we referring to here. I use the gestures for hidden navigation, are we losing that. Losing that could have me cancelling the order.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
not cold feet really but a little bit of 2nd thoughts maybe after finding out we only get 256gb 4g version here in Ireland, I have the Note 9 8gb/512gb already

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Loss of finger gestures, what are we referring to here. I use the gestures for hidden navigation, are we losing that. Losing that could have me cancelling the order.

Yes, swiping the notifications up and down from the back of the phone is lost in the Note 10. And the phone is bigger. So it's further and harder to reach the top of the screen with one hand. Finger gestures was actually one of my new favorite features when it came out on the Note 8. That and the fps makes using the phone so easy.

Attachments

• 363627.jpg
    363627.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 37

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, swiping the notifications up and down from the back of the phone is lost in the Note 10. And the phone is bigger. So it's further and harder to reach the top of the screen with one hand. Finger gestures was actually one of my new favorite features when it came out on the Note 8. That and the fps makes using the phone so easy.
Oh. I use Nova launcher, I use swipe down on screen for that. There's also app edge gestures

swazedahustla

May 18, 2010
Visit site
After doing some in depth reading about the upgrades to the camera and what it actually does from a photographic standpoint theres no way I have cold feet. Samsung hasn't listed the actual real world details about what they changed in the camera, but I have read from some knowledgeable professionals who have handled the device and people will be pretty happy with their camera experiences.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher too. I can swipe down from the home screen to get notification but thats it I believe. Is there away to use a gesture when you are not on the home screen such as have an app open?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.edgegestures

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock

Use what's in picture below on good lock. Good lock has a lot of other great benefits. I just like the edge gestures for the edge gestures better
65d31fdda9c1b42825012756641b710f.jpg

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Note 9 is a great device and like my Note 8 will be sorry to see it go, but look what it's being replaced with!
Can't wait for the 10+ to hit my doorstep, things change all the time and won't please everyone, that's why we have the choice.

I initially ordered the 5g Note 10+ but after further thought I realised I would never use the 5g option as I would probably upgrade again next year and my network doesn't support 5g and even if it did my data allowance would be maxed in no time.
So I chose the Note 10+ 4g 256gb and I think I'm satisfied lol.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You automatically lose that feature with any device that doesn't have a rear sensor and some people actually don't like a rear sensor. I never really used that feature on any device I owned so it's not something that concerns me but even if I did use it it wouldn't concern me. None of the items on your list bother me at all. I'm not suggesting that the loss of those feature isn't important or shouldn't deter anyone from buying. I've just gotten to the point where I just adapt and don't look back.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Note 9 is a great device and like my Note 8 will be sorry to see it go, but look what it's being replaced with!
Can't wait for the 10+ to hit my doorstep, things change all the time and won't please everyone, that's why we have the choice.

I initially ordered the 5g Note 10+ but after further thought I realised I would never use the 5g option as I would probably upgrade again next year and my network doesn't support 5g and even if it did my data allowance would be maxed in no time.
So I chose the Note 10+ 4g 256gb and I think I'm satisfied lol.
I pretty much agree. What is the 4GB you mention? .... typo?

"So I chose the Note 10+ 4g 256gb...."

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
No, my feet are actually kinda warm. Ready to chase down UPS/FedEx if they try to play with my emotions by bringing my N10 later than necessary.

I haven't found any feature from the N9 that I consider a true loss from the N10. It checks every single one of my boxes. Even so, I considered not buying after Unpacked because I found it kinda blah - bright seizure inducing show but still blah. What turned me is the $600 trade, $200 in products, and free Spotify. I could comfortably afford the $500 the 10+ 256gb cost me, so it was more of a why not? Additionally, I love the new look. It seems more sleek and sassy. It kinda has attitude ??????

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

You do realize that the Note 10+ is only .01 inch longer and .10 inch wider than your Note 8. That's a negligible difference in size.