First Battery Life Results are only so - so

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Note 10 Plus - Unlocked on Verizon. Was hoping for closer to 8 hrs SOT.. About 90 minutes better than my Note 8, but still a little disappointed.. Also, as I was typing this with 4% left the phone shut itself down and would not restart till it was plugged in for a couple minutes.. That happen anyone else? Never happened on previous Notes.
9d9845f358fcafbee053e1fa61f8a6cb.jpg

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
It's a little too early to tell and the device is probably still "Learning" your battery usage. Give it a few weeks and see how the battery life is then.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Note 10 Plus - Unlocked on Verizon. Was hoping for closer to 8 hrs SOT.. About 90 minutes better than my Note 8, but still a little disappointed.. Also, as I was typing this with 4% left the phone shut itself down and would not restart till it was plugged in for a couple minutes.. That happen anyone else? Never happened on previous Notes. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190822/9d9845f358fcafbee053e1fa61f8a6cb.jpg
Massive screen with 6 hours SOT. not sure you can expect much more than that.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Also, as I was typing this with 4% left the phone shut itself down and would not restart till it was plugged in for a couple minutes.. That happen anyone else? Never happened on previous Notes.

This is actually normal. Battery meters tend to be less accurate when nearing zero. As batteries wear out, it'll happen more often and at higher percentages. It's possible your battery is already weakened from the factory, and draining it so far will only make things worse. Leave that sort of testing to the reviewers. They get their phones for free and don't keep them long, so it's no skin off their backs if the battery is worthless in a matter of months due to the abuse they put them through.

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll add that I am using the phone at full WQHD resolution, not sure how much affect if any that would have on the battery.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I'll add that I am using the phone at full WQHD resolution, not sure how much affect if any that would have on the battery.

That will have an effect on the battery life for sure, give it a couple of weeks for the battery to learn your patterns.
I take it you're using the Snapdragon 855 chip and not the Exynos chip?

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
That will have an effect on the battery life for sure, give it a couple of weeks for the battery to learn your patterns.
I take it you're using the Snapdragon 855 chip and not the Exynos chip?
Yes, Snapdragon.. I'll run a test back at FHD.. I watched a review of 10 things to do immediately and he said to turn set it to WQHD and get the full benefit of the screen.. Both look great, so I test and see if I gain battery life. Thanks!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes, Snapdragon.. I'll run a test back at FHD.. I watched a review of 10 things to do immediately and he said to turn set it to WQHD and get the full benefit of the screen.. Both look great, so I test and see if I gain battery life. Thanks!
Overkill. I bet you won't notice a difference going WQHD vs FHD. Saving in battery is probably about 30 to 45 minutes SOT

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
It's never good to take your battery down to 0% especially Lithium ones. They may have programmed into the phone to shut down with a few % left to save the batteries life. Some other manufactures do this (Apple).

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Note 10 Plus - Unlocked on Verizon. Was hoping for closer to 8 hrs SOT.. About 90 minutes better than my Note 8, but still a little disappointed.. Also, as I was typing this with 4% left the phone shut itself down and would not restart till it was plugged in for a couple minutes.. That happen anyone else? Never happened on previous Notes. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190822/9d9845f358fcafbee053e1fa61f8a6cb.jpg

Did u start fresh or took a backup from old phone... Starting fresh is recommended for a new phone

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Did u start fresh or took a backup from old phone... Starting fresh is recommended for a new phone

why does it matter if you start fresh or not? Almost everybody gonna wanna backup some things from there old phone to new. I backed up my wifi passwords, call history, contacts, text messages because i wanted that stuff on my new phone to be there and that was done from google drive and i restored some things i needed from samsung restore data as well. Again stuff i needed on my new phone so no other way to do it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
why does it matter if you start fresh or not? Almost everybody gonna wanna backup some things from there old phone to new. I backed up my wifi passwords, call history, contacts, text messages because i wanted that stuff on my new phone to be there and that was done from google drive and i restored some things i needed from samsung restore data as well. Again stuff i needed on my new phone so no other way to do it.
Transferring independent files generally isn't an issue. The concern with transferring stuff like apps via backup/transfer services is that sometimes a glitch may happen during the transfer process that causes an app to misbehave. That's why it's best to just re-download apps from the Play store.

tbbiggs

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Old. LOL

If I get same battery life as my "old" Note 9, I'll be happy. Bigger display with less than 10% more battery, seems a net zero gain. 855 is a much faster chipset.

855 is supposed to be more efficient, is it not?. Yes, bigger screen that's also less than 10 percent bigger.From what I see its the drain sitting doing nothing compared to the note 9.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38