How is the battery life on the Note 10+ and especially the 5G if you have it

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Changing topic a little, watching a Youtube video on the new 120hz screen, if you fast forward to the 1:28 mark... THAT is exactly what I wanna see in the Note 20... the part that says X10 :). Make that Samsung and you'll have Phone of the Year over the iPhone 12 :)

I'm pretty sure it's an old render someone made up last year... but I can dream. They said no Ultra for the Note 20 which sounds like we'd get more of a S20+ setup. But Samsung just can't leave the same system in the S30+... be nice if they preview it in the Note 20. Leave the 150 mp Ultra for the S30 but gimme the X10 in the + and Note. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIzLewc43oE
Still not convinced on the fold yet but looks promising.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'd be paranoid on the soft displays for now... but I really liked the Flip when the Samsung rep let me play with it as he was setting up the display. Like the Fold, it needs some work... really gotta make the outside screen take up the full front side when closed. The Flip was really cool. Surprised how close to a full size phone when opened. The Fold to me just too chunky for now. Going in right direction with larger outside screen.

If I was the kind of guy to have multiple phones or get new phones every year... I'd really think of playing with a Flip. Price was more reachable for me than the Fold and if the screen got all scratched up in a year, I'd move on lol.

The RAZR was cool because of it's nostalgic look and size/thickness looks right and outside screen decent... just low spec and the build not as solid as the Flip I hear??

The Apple Flip concept someone whipped up... Man if Samsung could easily do that design! The Flip I thought from pics looked too much like a pocket make-up mirror?? But in person looked good. Maybe go with matte/frosted finish and a darker color for my tastes lol. Maybe after I buy a phone this year and in a 2-3 more years I might be ready for a Flip/Fold. They do look like fun though.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/apple-iphone-flip-concept/

Still not convinced on the fold yet but looks promising.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'd be paranoid on the soft displays for now... but I really liked the Flip when the Samsung rep let me play with it as he was setting up the display. Like the Fold, it needs some work... really gotta make the outside screen take up the full front side when closed. The Flip was really cool. Surprised how close to a full size phone when opened. The Fold to me just too chunky for now. Going in right direction with larger outside screen.

If I was the kind of guy to have multiple phones or get new phones every year... I'd really think of playing with a Flip. Price was more reachable for me than the Fold and if the screen got all scratched up in a year, I'd move on lol.

The RAZR was cool because of it's nostalgic look and size/thickness looks right and outside screen decent... just low spec and the build not as solid as the Flip I hear??

The Apple Flip concept someone whipped up... Man if Samsung could easily do that design! The Flip I thought from pics looked too much like a pocket make-up mirror?? But in person looked good. Maybe go with matte/frosted finish and a darker color for my tastes lol. Maybe after I buy a phone this year and in a 2-3 more years I might be ready for a Flip/Fold. They do look like fun though.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/apple-iphone-flip-concept/
I had a chance to try the flip , I'm register with Samsung device insight program, i applied this time around for the s20ultra but they chose the flip for me which gives you half off the price but just wasn't interested so hopefully they get me back in for the Note line.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Never heard of that. Sounds cool. Yeah I'd definitely jump on doing that for Note and honestly fro 12 months and half off, I'd do the Flip.

I had a chance to try the flip , I'm register with Samsung device insight program, i applied this time around for the s20ultra but they chose the flip for me which gives you half off the price but just wasn't interested so hopefully they get me back in for the Note line.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wow. Never heard of that. Sounds cool. Yeah I'd definitely jump on doing that for Note and honestly fro 12 months and half off, I'd do the Flip.
Its too late lol I told them not interested this time.
Yeah this program use to get the phone free now its half off . Very small amount people get in this but when your in you have good chance every year to participate.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Watching this video brough up an interesting thought... No Ultra... meaning no "Space Zoom"... but they could keep using the 108mp sensor and the other lenses. Tweak the lens choices and aperture to fix the issues on the 1st gen... improve DOF... hmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvyZ9jOp_eE

Yeah this program use to get the phone free now its half off . Very small amount people get in this but when your in you have good chance every year to participate.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Now that you turned them down you're out Jeter

mcgowen_fran

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
After android 10 and several security updates its terrible. I've talked to Samsung techs. They agree I have a battery drain but couldn't fix it. Also very rude. Note10+ 5G.

David Sheets1

Jul 24, 2020
Visit site
I'm so glad you said something

I went from a note 8 to 10+ and found no difference in battery life for my usage. In other words, the percentage is around the same after an 8-10 hour shift. from that you can say since the 10+ has a bigger battery it drains it a bit faster.
I have the note 8 I was wanting the note 10+ but didn't know if I should because I'm honestly tired of curved screens but I'm a note junky and I still love them but I was so close to upgrading I'm glad I seen this cause I was super close to pulling the triger.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the Exynos version and do get intermittent 5G signal, I still average 9-10h of SoT despite having Bluetooth, WiFi, Mobile Data, AOD etc.. always enabled (location off)
Screen brightness I don't need very high most of the time, probably 40-45% and that's what I find the biggest difference, I really notice a big drop in battery life when I'm on holidays and in bright sunshine all day.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Ten months into the Note10 Plus experience the battery life is so good that it isn't a concern. With the pandemic I've been using my various devices even more than usual so I've spread the load around a bit more too. My nearly two-year-old old Note9 is no slouch either. Well, I'm up early and I'm going to re-watch the Samsung Unpacked Event(s) for the Note9 and Note10. I'm going to miss DJ Koh giving the keynote remarks at the top of the program going forward.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty