No Visual HD call on TMobile Unlocked?

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
So on my T-Mobile Note 9 variant, I would usually see the "HD" symbol when on a phone call. With my unlocked 10+ on TMobile, I haven't seen that symbol once. I'm trying to compare the call quality to what I remember it being like on my Note 9, but to those who might know, is the lack of the HD symbol on the unlocked a sign it isn't HD? Or is it just a visual incorporated in the TMobile call interface that isn't on the unlocked model?

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I wondered same. I saw on XDA people saying it does work but symbol is part t-mobile firmware so won't show. I have unlocked and was same until I put t-mobile fw on it.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
ok, thanks. that's what I figured. I'm tempted to flash T-Mobile fw, but I've never done that before. Don't wanna brick my phone lol

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
ok, thanks. that's what I figured. I'm tempted to flash T-Mobile fw, but I've never done that before. Don't wanna brick my phone lol
Why would you buy an unlocked and then ending up flashing TMobile firmware? I mean just got a TMobile phone then. Just saying. It makes no sense.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site

It's very easy, almost foolproof really. I just got my unlocked on Friday and tomorrow I'll be putting the TMo firmware on it at work. I already have the files and Odin downloaded and my old phone already pre-backed up with SmartSwitch. It's literally boot your device into download mode and put the correct file into the correctly named slot with the right version of Odin and you're gold.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I didn't consider myself still have my note 9 until I seen that deal..

I had two Note9s until the 23rd of August. The one I sent to Samsung as a trade-in was the 128GB model I bought as a placeholder when there was a problem with my Verizon order last year. As soon as I gave that Note9 to the FedEx driver I felt separation anxiety.

I am using the 512GB Note9 as a media center. I bought a Note10 Plus from Samsung and one from Xfinity Mobile because I see myself migrating every device that is currently with Verizon over to Xfinity which is like Verizon Lite. When I go to upstate Pennsylvania next week for a few days that will be the true test of how Xfinity's network compares to Verizon's network; theoretically, both should perform the same but I want to see nonetheless.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had two Note9s until the 23rd of August. The one I sent to Samsung as a trade-in was the 128GB model I bought as a placeholder when there was a problem with my Verizon order last year. As soon as I gave that Note9 to the FedEx driver I felt separation anxiety.

I am using the 512GB Note9 as a media center. I bought a Note10 Plus from Samsung and one from Xfinity Mobile because I see myself migrating every device that is currently with Verizon over to Xfinity which is like Verizon Lite. When I go to upstate Pennsylvania next week for a few days that will be the true test of how Xfinity's network compares to Verizon's network; theoretically, both should perform the same but I want to see nonetheless.
Yeah Pennsylvania you'll definitely find your answer..

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah Pennsylvania you'll definitely find your answer..

In August of 2001 I was driving on Interstate 80 about 45 miles southeast of Williamsport, Pennsylvania. I had my Samsung clamshell phone on the seat next to me when it rang. I was surprised that Sprint's signal was present and strong enough to work as I was, then, 130 miles from home. This was in the era that when you walked twenty feet into a store the signal disappeared. I remember the novelty of that phone call. Back then it was still a showstopper when someone took a call in public.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In August of 2001 I was driving on Interstate 80 about 45 miles southeast of Williamsport, Pennsylvania. I had my Samsung clamshell phone on the seat next to me when it rang. I was surprised that Sprint's signal was present and strong enough to work as I was, then, 130 miles from home. This was in the era that when you walked twenty feet into a store the signal disappeared. I remember the novelty of that phone call. Back then it was still a showstopper when someone took a call in public.
Oh yeah I remember those days lol

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Oh yeah I remember those days lol

'Look, look! That man is using a cellular phone!' Women would clutch their pearls. The most obnoxious era was the push-to-talk Nextel with people practically shouting in public with the annoying notification sounds. I'm glad that was shortlived.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
'Look, look! That man is using a cellular phone!' Women would clutch their pearls. The most obnoxious era was the push-to-talk Nextel with people practically shouting in public with the annoying notification sounds. I'm glad that was shortlived.
Hahaha ... wonder if anyone still uses a pager .

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Hahaha ... wonder if anyone still uses a pager .

There have to be a few I'd imagine though how would there be support for the service? My little Sanyo SCP-5500 (2003) was equipped for Push to Talk but I never thought to activate the service. A lot of companies still use that setup for industrial sites. The phones look like they stepped out of 2005 and I like that; some rugged-looking pieces of hardware they are.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creshosk