No Visual HD call on TMobile Unlocked?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There have to be a few I'd imagine though how would there be support for the service? My little Sanyo SCP-5500 (2003) was equipped for Push to Talk but I never thought to activate the service. A lot of companies still use that setup for industrial sites. The phones look like they stepped out of 2005 and I like that; some rugged-looking pieces of hardware they are.
I'm sure you probably could get support , but not many interest I believe.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
In August of 2001 I was driving on Interstate 80 about 45 miles southeast of Williamsport, Pennsylvania. I had my Samsung clamshell phone on the seat next to me when it rang. I was surprised that Sprint's signal was present and strong enough to work as I was, then, 130 miles from home. This was in the era that when you walked twenty feet into a store the signal disappeared. I remember the novelty of that phone call. Back then it was still a showstopper when someone took a call in public.
I've had phones since the early 90s. By 2001 they were quite common.... at least that was my experience

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I've had phones since the early 90s. By 2001 they were quite common.... at least that was my experience

That is true yet the push to put a phone in every hand didn't get moving until 2000 or so. My recollections and experiences color my perceptions. My wife had one in '94 as did my daughter for safety purposes. I had, fortunately, my wife's phone with me during the January Blizzard of '96. I was driving home, 18 miles, from work that Sunday and the network was swamped. I got through when I was about three miles from home, Sunday, January 6, 1996 at 10 PM.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
So on my T-Mobile Note 9 variant, I would usually see the "HD" symbol when on a phone call. With my unlocked 10+ on TMobile, I haven't seen that symbol once. I'm trying to compare the call quality to what I remember it being like on my Note 9, but to those who might know, is the lack of the HD symbol on the unlocked a sign it isn't HD? Or is it just a visual incorporated in the TMobile call interface that isn't on the unlocked model?
I am getting extremely clear calling on my unlocked tmo note 10. I am sure its HD quality.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That is true yet the push to put a phone in every hand didn't get moving until 2000 or so. My recollections and experiences color my perceptions. My wife had one in '94 as did my daughter for safety purposes. I had, fortunately, my wife's phone with me during the January Blizzard of '96. I was driving home, 18 miles, from work that Sunday and the network was swamped. I got through when I was about three miles from home, Sunday, January 6, 1996 at 10 PM.
I remember the 96 blizzard

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I remember the 96 blizzard

Thirty-two inches of wind-driven snow with enormous drifts. Shoveled for eight hours over two days. Bought a snow thrower after that and it acted like a talisman against blizzards for several years. Good times. Actually nostalgic over that at the moment.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
$600 is also for mobile variant. See my comment just above this. Not just unlocked.

When I pre-ordered it said $450 trade in value for a newer device (mine was S10+) while pre-ordering the carrier model. It was only $600 if you opted for the Unlocked model. Now it does say $600 and doesn't need to be the unlocked, they must have changed it. I'd still rather have the Unlocked just in case I switch carriers.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I guess it depends on where you live...can't remember the last time I've seen a pager

you probably don't perform surgery. my son is a surgical resident and there are pretty strict guidelines for the benefit of patient care.

pulled this up quickly, not my son's hospital (his is more AR), but this gives information why restricted in certain areas. TL&DR

https://www.psqh.com/analysis/2-policies-for-the-use-of-personal-mobile-devices-in-surgical-suites/

to be clear this is from an insurance rec for hospitals which should also clear things up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord