I've noticed that a lot of apps, like Gmail, are no longer posting notifications when they otherwise would. I've tried the battery optimization "fix" but that seems specific to something else or is just nonsense. Has anyone else noticed this and found a real fix. I am running everything stock so this isn't some sort of weird app interaction. This isn't true for all apps. Signal and WhatsApp seem seem to post just fine, for example.
    09-02-2019 07:53 PM
    I've noticed that a lot of apps, like Gmail, are no longer posting notifications when they otherwise would. I've tried the battery optimization "fix" but that seems specific to something else or is just nonsense. Has anyone else noticed this and found a real fix. I am running everything stock so this isn't some sort of weird app interaction. This isn't true for all apps. Signal and WhatsApp seem seem to post just fine, for example.
    Not sure why you say "fix", it is just giving you the option to put apps to sleep that it sees are using the battery when not being used. This would cause notifications to stop if an app is put to sleep. Any app that is put to sleep will not supply notifications. Besides changing those settings where needed for each app, also turn off the automated setting for putting apps to sleep that are not used often. Not sure why you mention "nonsense"...

The reason why it is not "nonsense" and is needed, for example, let's say you install three email apps. One you use most of the time and the others you rarely use but they handle different ways of doing things better. In cases like that, people put the other email apps to "sleep" so they won't send notifications - so you only get a notification from the one email app instead of three notifications every time you get one email. Makes sense?
    adegbenroagoro likes this.
    09-02-2019 09:28 PM
    Did you go into the Power Mode settings and change it to High Performance?
    09-02-2019 09:38 PM
    Not sure why you say "fix", it is just giving you the option to put apps to sleep that it sees are using the battery when not being used. This would cause notifications to stop if an app is put to sleep. Any app that is put to sleep will not supply notifications. Besides changing those settings where needed for each app, also turn off the automated setting for putting apps to sleep that are not used often. Not sure why you mention "nonsense"...

The reason why it is not "nonsense" and is needed, for example, let's say you install three email apps. One you use most of the time and the others you rarely use but they handle different ways of doing things better. In cases like that, people put the other email apps to "sleep" so they won't send notifications - so you only get a notification from the one email app instead of three notifications every time you get one email. Makes sense?
    My issue is not with the feature. Thank you.
    09-02-2019 09:50 PM
    Did you go into the Power Mode settings and change it to High Performance?
    Yes, that has had zero impact on notifications coming through.
    09-02-2019 09:51 PM
    Test out if this happens on wifi or data to rule that out
    09-02-2019 09:58 PM
    Test out if this happens on wifi or data to rule that out
    This has been a persistent issue since I got the phone early last week. Whether I am at home or on the road, the notifications are consistently not working for key apps. In fact, it seems like the only apps which are pushing notifications are communication apps and the Play Store. I can't recall any other notifications despite these apps being set to push apps and the battery optimization flag for these apps being set to off.
    09-02-2019 10:07 PM
    Please dont tell me your on Verizon?
    This has been a persistent issue since I got the phone early last week. Whether I am at home or on the road, the notifications are consistently not working for key apps. In fact, it seems like the only apps which are pushing notifications are communication apps and the Play Store. I can't recall any other notifications despite these apps being set to push apps and the battery optimization flag for these apps being set to off.
    09-02-2019 10:08 PM
    Please dont tell me your on Verizon?
    I am.

Plot twist, my girlfriend just asked me what I was doing and I told her about this issue and she is dealing with the same thing but on her LG and that it just started happening. She too has done the battery optimization "fix" and is not seeing any positive results from it. She is on TMobile.
    09-02-2019 10:12 PM
    I am.

Plot twist, my girlfriend just asked me what I was doing and I told her about this issue and she is dealing with the same thing but on her LG and that it just started happening. She too has done the battery optimization "fix" and is not seeing any positive results from it. She is on TMobile.
    Take look at this thread

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=974487
    digital0verdose likes this.
    09-02-2019 10:13 PM
    What a nightmare... Good luck!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-03-2019 12:36 AM
    What a nightmare... Good luck!
    Thanks
    09-03-2019 12:42 AM
    Thanks for pointing this out. I am curious what the implication is assuming my GF's similar issue is through a different carrier. Maybe the same but more widespread. In any case this is pretty frustrating but hopefully a temporary issue.

Thank you for the info!
    09-03-2019 07:54 AM
    Yes, that has had zero impact on notifications coming through.
    Ok so you have High Performance on and have went to Optimize Battery Usage and turned it off for all your apps. Have you tried going to the notification settings on your apps and making sure it's set to "Sound and Pop-up"? Some apps have multiple notification settings that you'll need to drill down into and change.
    09-03-2019 09:32 AM
    Thanks for pointing this out. I am curious what the implication is assuming my GF's similar issue is through a different carrier. Maybe the same but more widespread. In any case this is pretty frustrating but hopefully a temporary issue.

Thank you for the info!
    Your welcome!
    Don't know if it's more wide spread.
    09-03-2019 09:39 AM
    Ok so you have High Performance on and have went to Optimize Battery Usage and turned it off for all your apps. Have you tried going to the notification settings on your apps and making sure it's set to "Sound and Pop-up"? Some apps have multiple notification settings that you'll need to drill down into and change.
    Pop-ups are something different, which I discovered trying to troubleshoot this issue. Pop-ups are blocks that show up on the main part of the screen which allow you to read some of the message, info, etc. and does not appear to impact the icon showing up in the status bar.
    09-03-2019 09:57 AM
    Pop-ups are something different, which I discovered trying to troubleshoot this issue. Pop-ups are blocks that show up on the main part of the screen which allow you to read some of the message, info, etc. and does not appear to impact the icon showing up in the status bar.
    For sure just wanted to see if you tried it to see if it made any difference. How about in Safe Mode do you get any notifications?
    09-03-2019 10:02 AM
    For sure just wanted to see if you tried it to see if it made any difference. How about in Safe Mode do you get any notifications?
    Nope, it did not make a difference. It looks like all notifications are being suppressed.

I have not tried safe mode.
    09-03-2019 10:10 AM
    Nope, it did not make a difference. It looks like all notifications are being suppressed.

I have not tried safe mode.
    One poster seen to find a fix in the other thread uninstall or disable Google app
    09-03-2019 12:37 PM
    One poster seen to find a fix in the other thread uninstall or disable Google app
    I just tried that and still no go. I looked through the XDA thread and it looks like people are having mixed results with that solution.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-03-2019 01:27 PM
    I just tried that and still no go. I looked through the XDA thread and it looks like people are having mixed results with that solution.
    At least worth a shot ...
    09-03-2019 01:33 PM
    At least worth a shot ...
    Absolutely! Very much appreciated!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-03-2019 01:42 PM
    Absolutely! Very much appreciated!
    No problem!
    09-03-2019 01:42 PM
    I had the issue of my Note 10 plus not getting Gmail notifications. I saw that this was happening to others with Samsung devices. But I found a fix on you tube. I followed this to the letter, and it fixed it. Now getting all Gmail notifications, so it should work for the Gmail issue.

09-04-2019 09:37 AM
    My wife had a similar problem, turned out to be a setting in "Wear" that sent most of her notifications to her Gear Fit which was set to silent. Turned off the setting in Galaxy Gear Wear app and problem solved.
    09-04-2019 02:08 PM