My unlocked 10+ on Verizon now has all features, except...

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Carrier video calling from the dial screen.

I figured out how to get Verizon visual voicemail and also the Verizon caller ID for numbers that are not contacts/spam blocker.

The only thing left is to figure out video calling. I realize I could use Skype or whatever, but is there a way to have the convenience of a Verizon version of the Note 10+ when it comes to video calling?

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't what say?
If you attempt to enable HD voice and video calling in Advance Calling settings.
43df57ea17cb2db54f8c8d67dd269beb.jpg

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why you would want it. Verizon offers it but the other person has to be on the same network as me for it to work. Just use one of the many apps in the Play Store for video calling that doesn't require both parties to be on the same network. I just use WhatsApp.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why you would want it. Verizon offers it but the other person has to be on the same network as me for it to work. Just use one of the many apps in the Play Store for video calling that doesn't require both parties to be on the same network. I just use WhatsApp.
I only used it in the past to video chat with the wife, who is on the same network with the same phone

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I figured out how to get Verizon visual voicemail and also the Verizon caller ID for numbers that are not contacts/spam blocker.

The only thing left is to figure out video calling. I realize I could use Skype or whatever, but is there a way to have the convenience of a Verizon version of the Note 10+ when it comes to video calling?

You can't. That's Verizon software baked into the Verizon version. On an unlocked you can't do it.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Could you share with me how to get visual voicemail working on the unlocked model ?

I found a good deal on a used 10e unlocked but couldn't get vvm to work so I backed out

Last edited by a moderator:

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Have someone call your number and leave a voicemail. Once they do that, your phone should automatically set up Verizon visual voicemail. That's how mine worked

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Visual voice mail isn't supported on unlocked phones.
That's not true. Just because you can't see the app, doesn't mean it isn't supported. Like I said, have someone call your number and leave a message. At that point, the app will show up and you will be able to use it as always

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRNATAREN