10-09-2019 04:30 PM
41 12
tools
    Hi, how can I improve my note10+ photo and video quality through the native app?
    09-30-2019 02:37 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-30-2019 09:11 AM
    Hi, how can I improve my note10+ photo and video quality through the native app?
    What do you mean by, "improve"? What kind of results are you getting?

Here are some tips to getting good shots. They work with pretty much ANY camera, not just phone cameras.

https://digitalbrandinginstitute.com...ictures-phone/
    cwbcpa likes this.
    09-30-2019 07:35 PM
    Here are some tips to getting good shots.
    #1 is one that is commonly missed by many
    09-30-2019 07:50 PM
    That is because most phone (and point and shoot) camera users are not trained in basic photography techniques. Nor do they take the time to research techniques. This also applies for people with DSLRs. I hear it a lot. I have this expensive camera, but I can't get good pictures. My response is always, the quality of the equipment does not make up for the lack of experience and technique of the user.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-30-2019 08:03 PM

Here are some tips to getting good shots. They work with pretty much ANY camera, not just phone cameras.

Good, basic advice in there. I'll try to remember to use some of it. Thanks for posting.
    gernerttl likes this.
    09-30-2019 08:04 PM
    That is because most phone (and point and shoot) camera users are not trained in basic photography techniques.
    I completely get that.
    09-30-2019 08:11 PM
    My response is always, the quality of the equipment does not make up for the lack of experience and technique of the user.
    Absolutely! I was taking great photos with a 3.3 megapixel camera that made many people think that I had something more high-end.
    09-30-2019 08:34 PM
    That is because most phone (and point and shoot) camera users are not trained in basic photography techniques. Nor do they take the time to research techniques. This also applies for people with DSLRs. I hear it a lot. I have this expensive camera, but I can't get good pictures. My response is always, the quality of the equipment does not make up for the lack of experience and technique of the user.
    Have had a couple friends purchase DSLRs, learn nothing about how to use them, complain about the photos, and go back to using their smartphones for everything.
    10-04-2019 09:29 AM
    Thanks again! I'm one of the ones who missed this. It really does help.
    10-06-2019 02:34 AM
    Thanks again! I'm one of the ones who missed this. It really does help.

you're welcome. glad it helps.
    10-06-2019 02:35 AM
    For DSLR photography, my fellow shooters referred to the "P" setting mode as "Professional". :-p
    EMGSM likes this.
    10-07-2019 09:33 AM
    For DSLR photography, my fellow shooters referred to the "P" setting mode as "Professional". :-p
    Note 10+ camera-giphy.jpg
    10-07-2019 02:00 PM
    If you really want to experiment with the photography you should play with a camera simulator like this one https://camerasim.com/camerasim-free-web-app/ . Select Manual mode in the center coloumn, this way you can see how ISO, Shutter and Aperture affect one another. Also, if you know the type of shot you want to get, say freezing something in time like the spinning fan in the girls hand then you know that you will want a really fast shutter speed and you will have to adjust ISO and Aperture to get proper exposure. You will know you have gotten the right combination when the green needle is lined up at zero, see the image below, the needle I'm referring too has a red box around it. Note 10+ camera-1.jpg
    10-07-2019 02:26 PM
    It is professional right? JK Manual is the way to go.
    10-07-2019 03:01 PM
    It is professional right? JK Manual is the way to go.
    Depends. When shooting my at my daughter's gymnastics meets, I'm in Tv (Canon) setting, with my shutter set to 1/400; ISO and aperture are set to auto. You're not allowed to use a flash when shooting ballet and gymnastics.

Actually, when I shot this year's Special Olympics in Honolulu, I set to Tv with shutter set to 1/400.
    10-07-2019 03:51 PM
    Have had a couple friends purchase DSLRs, learn nothing about how to use them, complain about the photos, and go back to using their smartphones for everything.
    That's all because they never learned in a full manual device. When SLRs started going with auto programs people got lazy. Anyone starting out today is at a disadvantage unless the took photography classes or make it their hobby and do what it takes to understand photography.

"It's all about the lighting"
    10-07-2019 04:06 PM

#'s 3 and 7. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Lol

Also, like others said, learn manual mode. Even if you don't like shooting with it, understanding it will help you understand what's going on with auto modes. Also remember that auto mode doesn't give you the shot you want. It gives you the shot some random programmer thinks should be ideal. It misses the mark a lot of times.
    10-07-2019 04:21 PM
    Anyone starting out today is at a disadvantage unless the took photography classes or make it their hobby and do what it takes to understand photography.
    100%
    10-07-2019 04:43 PM
    Depends. When shooting my at my daughter's gymnastics meets, I'm in Tv (Canon) setting, with my shutter set to 1/400; ISO and aperture are set to auto. You're not allowed to use a flash when shooting ballet and gymnastics.

Actually, when I shot this year's Special Olympics in Honolulu, I set to Tv with shutter set to 1/400.
    Yeah situation will dictate. Sometimes I use Tv, sometimes Av. I even shoot with A+ but most of the time I use manual.
    10-07-2019 05:20 PM
    most of the time I use manual.
    +1
    10-07-2019 05:37 PM
    In the old days, we whipped out the Minolta 4 meter when uncertain about ambient light levels. I personally liked the Gossen Luna-star F2 meter better...easier to use. I was always within 1/10th of a stop when setting up studio lighting. For manual focusing, I absolutely needed a split screen prism to line up my verticals correctly. Aaaah, the memories. I didn't care for the high cost of film and processing though.
    10-07-2019 05:48 PM
    In the old days, we whipped out the Minolta 4 meter when uncertain about ambient light levels. I personally liked the Gossen Luna-star F2 meter better...easier to use. I was always within 1/10th of a stop when setting up studio lighting. For manual focusing, I absolutely needed a split screen prism to line up my verticals correctly. Aaaah, the memories. I didn't care for the high cost of film and processing though.
    Remember waiting for your pictures to develop so you could send pictures of food to your friends.... Lol
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    10-07-2019 05:52 PM
    Actually, I got to the point when in a pinch, I was able to measure ambient light just by eye-balling a scene. But it was always better to over-expose by a stop or stop and a half when shooting film when in doubt. It's the opposite shooting with digital nowadays. In Photoshop, "0" equals complete black and "255" equals pure white with no details. So I always kept that in mind when using the Eyedropper tool when editing.
    10-07-2019 05:53 PM
    Yep! I used to have a Minolta.
    10-07-2019 05:55 PM
41 12