N8 owner on the fence getting N10+

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Was looking to get some input from those of you who went from a Note 8/9 to Note 10+.

You all feel it was worth upgrading, especially after some of you have had your 10+ for a month or longer or have any remorse ?

I'm not on the fence for money issues. Of course I'll always second guess myself if the upgrades are enough to bother with the price of admission.

I like the almost completely bezel less screen, better cameras, pen upgrades, better speaker, and overall better specs. I'm sure there are other features I've read about and forgotten at the moment.

Not crazy about the jack removal. I've got a decent collection of high end earbuds that would be a letdown not using on 10+. I think I'd be ok though, times are changing and I could keep my N8 for excercise or travel so I could use my favorite earbuds. Times are changing eventually I'll get a great USB set of buds.

I think my main reason for hesitation is if there will be an amazing overhaul for Note 11. I've read some articles mentioning leaks from trustworthy sources that the next camera on the S and Note series will be significantly better than what N10 has. Also could be a true bezleless display or something daring like a wrap around screen that a few companies are working on. Although I've also read Samsung tends to go a couple years/cycles before drastically improving a model, so next years note might not be a big upgrade on a 10+.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Someone will likely relocate this to... Note 10 forum section.

I went from N9 to S10+. Also had the S Plus model as well. Couldn't stay away from Note, liked having my fall fix with a new phone.

I like the new lighter weight and won't need a Note to enable DeX mode. Or to get higher capacity RAM. Plus it still has jack. I used stylus for pointing tool, which I sort of miss, never for drawing or note taking.

My first phone was the Note II and they avoided the round edge and corners and kept more rectangular shape, more memory and larger battery, plus in the past tended to have a "custom" version of Android that the S-series would not get, along with it seemed better memory management. That's past.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Was looking to get some input from those of you who went from a Note 8/9 to Note 10+.

You all feel it was worth upgrading, especially after some of you have had your 10+ for a month or longer or have any remorse ?

I'm not on the fence for money issues. Of course I'll always second guess myself if the upgrades are enough to bother with the price of admission.

I like the almost completely bezel less screen, better cameras, pen upgrades, better speaker, and overall better specs. I'm sure there are other features I've read about and forgotten at the moment.

Not crazy about the jack removal. I've got a decent collection of high end earbuds that would be a letdown not using on 10+. I think I'd be ok though, times are changing and I could keep my N8 for excercise or travel so I could use my favorite earbuds. Times are changing eventually I'll get a great USB set of buds.

I think my main reason for hesitation is if there will be an amazing overhaul for Note 11. I've read some articles mentioning leaks from trustworthy sources that the next camera on the S and Note series will be significantly better than what N10 has. Also could be a true bezleless display or something daring like a wrap around screen that a few companies are working on. Although I've also read Samsung tends to go a couple years/cycles before drastically improving a model, so next years note might not be a big upgrade on a 10+.
Note 10+ would be a upgrade, in just about everything ..I also have my Note 9 still.
If you can definitely go for the Note 10+

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
First things first... If you're hesitant to upgrade now because you're worried that the latest and greatest is around the corner, then you won't ever upgrade until you're forced to. There's nothing wrong with that either, unless you're only available options are not what you really want in your time of need. That happened to me. I had to settle for a device I didn't really want, and a year later I ditched it right away.

I came from the Note8, and after 2 years, moving to the Note10+ was not only an upgrade, but it was a HUGE upgrade, and made everything feel better and yet still the same about my love for the Note line. On paper, it is definitely a major upgrade over the Note8. And because I used my Note8 to trade in, I actually ended up paying less than I did for the Note8 when it came out.

I have no regrets, and I really do love everything about the Note10+ over my Note8. The battery life itself is worth the upgrade to the Note10+ now. The loss of the headphone jack isn't as big of a deal for me. I just picked up a couple USB-C & 3.5mm adapters. The funny thing is, I hardly use them. I have the Galaxy Buds, and they're great for when I need them while at work for phone calls and music. I also have other wired headphones at home that I still use, but with other audio, not just my phone.

I say don't wait any longer, unless you want to wait for another deal. Otherwise, get it as soon as you can. Pay it off as soon as you can. And if you want to upgrade when the next Note comes out, just trade your Note10+ in for credit towards the next device, and you still won't spend as much as the sticker price.

Best of Luck!

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have Note 8 and also Note 9 for about two months but couldn't resist the Note 10 plus and it is definitely a much nicer device, just buy the Samsung dongle for using you quality earphones, you will not regret it

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
First things first... If you're hesitant to upgrade now because you're worried that the latest and greatest is around the corner, then you won't ever upgrade until you're forced to. There's nothing wrong with that either, unless you're only available options are not what you really want in your time of need. That happened to me. I had to settle for a device I didn't really want, and a year later I ditched it right away.

I came from the Note8, and after 2 years, moving to the Note10+ was not only an upgrade, but it was a HUGE upgrade, and made everything feel better and yet still the same about my love for the Note line. On paper, it is definitely a major upgrade over the Note8. And because I used my Note8 to trade in, I actually ended up paying less than I did for the Note8 when it came out.

I have no regrets, and I really do love everything about the Note10+ over my Note8. The battery life itself is worth the upgrade to the Note10+ now. The loss of the headphone jack isn't as big of a deal for me. I just picked up a couple USB-C & 3.5mm adapters. The funny thing is, I hardly use them. I have the Galaxy Buds, and they're great for when I need them while at work for phone calls and music. I also have other wired headphones at home that I still use, but with other audio, not just my phone.

I say don't wait any longer, unless you want to wait for another deal. Otherwise, get it as soon as you can. Pay it off as soon as you can. And if you want to upgrade when the next Note comes out, just trade your Note10+ in for credit towards the next device, and you still won't spend as much as the sticker price.

Best of Luck!

Out of curiosity where did you trade in your N8 at ?

From what I've seen looks like Best Buy would give me the most trade in value, more than Samsung and more than Verizon which seemed to give me the least amount for trading my N8 in.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
To be honest. I thought I'd miss the headphone jack more. So far, I haven't missed it at all. When I do listen to music, it is either through my car's BT adapter, or through BT headphones. I also have the BT PayPal Here card reader, so I don't need to even worry about that.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Stop upgrading for fear of the next device only makes you never upgrade at all. And that's ok, if that's what you want. Probably Note 11 will be significantly better than 10, since we're talking about Samsung, not about Apple (I had every single iPhone, so I know what I'm saying). But, too, Note 12 will be even better than 11, and the 13 will be better than 12. There is, to makes things worse, a real chance to Samsung scrapping Note line of its portfolio, putting the Fold line in its place. And, if that's the case, I think Samsung will need a couple more years to make Fold in the same level as the Notes are now. And, then, Note 10 will be the greatest pen device for more than usual.

Too much "it's" to care about, in my opinion. So, my advice, if you want a new Note and have money to buy it, just jump inside the Note 10 boat and enjoy it!

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
it is worth the upgrade from the note 8 :) battery is better and nfc/mst mobile payments seems to be faster, at least for me it is. whether it be worth it for you will depend on your usage.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
If your looking for a speedy and snappy device the note 10 plus is the way to go. I have never had a better device in my life it still amazes me daily on how smooth and fast this device is.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Oh boy. Note 11? That's a year out. Listen, if you are fine with your Note 8 for another year. Then good for you and you SHOULD do that. If you are ready to let go of your Note 8 now, then yes note 10 is a sizable upgrade. It's that simple. Don't complicate it.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Out of curiosity where did you trade in your N8 at ?

From what I've seen looks like Best Buy would give me the most trade in value, more than Samsung and more than Verizon which seemed to give me the least amount for trading my N8 in.

That's where I traded mine in. Because I didn't want to have to deal with flashing firmware, and I need Wi-Fi calling to work, I traded in at Best buy for an AT&T locked Note10 +

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Er... Samsung has a MAJOR upgrade every 2 years. Note 8 and Note 9. Note 10 and Note 11. Same goes for S series. S6 and S7, S8 and S9...

ScKalbe

Banned
May 9, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from the note 8 and have no regrets!! I am loving the note 10+!!! Fast!! Better battery life, less bezel. Just awesome!!!

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from the Note 8 as well. I was able to get $450 off the price with Verizon when I bought the Note 10 plus 512gb 5G version. I've got a 512 gig Micro SDXC card in it and I've never seen anything so fast in my entire life. Worth every penny. Everything is lightning fast - no hesitation, my storage space is now seemingly endless (I can bring myself to buy the 1 gig Micro SDXC card, still too expensive), the battery lasts a long time, and an S-Pen with an accelerometer and Bluetooth is just more icing on the cake. Run to the nearest place to get a Note 10 plus (with a trade-in discount before they expire) and don't ever look back!

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I also traded in my Note 8 through Verizon for $450. Absolutely love this phone, no regrets making the jump. I generally don't buy new phones every year (do a two year cycle).

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
@tonydroid99 If you haven't already, go ahead and get the Note 10. I recommend the 10+ because you can use the SD card you have in your Note 8 (if that is the case). I had a Note 8, and I am not at all disappointed with my Note 10+. My daughter was also happy, because she got my old Note 8 (upgrade from an S7) and is loving it.

There are enough improvements and features to warrant an upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699