MMS over wifi from Note to Note

splink7007

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have an issue. I have AT&T service and cannot send a pic/MMS over wifi to my wife's Note 10 plus. When I attach the pic or mms it shows actual size and takes 5 mins to send. When the send completes after 5mins, it actually compresses the image to finally send. When I use cell service and attach it does not compress at all and sends instantly. Now, when I attach a pic/mms to text any other device (iphone or other android) it attaches and instantly compresses and sends over wifi. I did not have any issues with our previous Galaxy 8s. After spending hours with AT&T they said its a samsung issue and suggested I just send over cell service. Samsung support blames AT&T. This makes no sense to me at all. It does not matter what wifi I connect to it will not send mms from note to note but is fine any other device. Any suggestions or is anyone else having this issue?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok so I have an issue. I have AT&T service and cannot send a pic/MMS over wifi to my wife's Note 10 plus. When I attach the pic or mms it shows actual size and takes 5 mins to send. When the send completes after 5mins, it actually compresses the image to finally send. When I use cell service and attach it does not compress at all and sends instantly. Now, when I attach a pic/mms to text any other device (iphone or other android) it attaches and instantly compresses and sends over wifi. I did not have any issues with our previous Galaxy 8s. After spending hours with AT&T they said its a samsung issue and suggested I just send over cell service. Samsung support blames AT&T. This makes no sense to me at all. It does not matter what wifi I connect to it will not send mms from note to note but is fine any other device. Any suggestions or is anyone else having this issue?
Try different message app like textra or Google messages see if same issue

splink7007

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Try different message app like textra or Google messages see if same issue

Hi Mustang7757

I can try that but I'm a native app kinda guy and the native samsung messaging app should work. Heck it allows me to send over wifi with no issues to other android and even iphones. Why the heck cant I send back and forth with the wifey using the same phone? lol

I can't be the only one with this issue?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Mustang7757

I can try that but I'm a native app kinda guy and the native samsung messaging app should work. Heck it allows me to send over wifi with no issues to other android and even iphones. Why the heck cant I send back and forth with the wifey using the same phone? lol

I can't be the only one with this issue?
I understand ,and your not alone as others had this problem , I advise the same and it worked out for them . Might be a bug in the stock message app , unless you want try lots of different steps including factory reset I would choose a easier path .

splink7007

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand ,and your not alone as others had this problem , I advise the same and it worked out for them . Might be a bug in the stock message app , unless you want try lots of different steps including factory reset I would choose a easier path .

Yup tried it all and no dice. Factory reset, network settings reset, cleared cache partition and factory reset again lol. I even tried rebuilding the APN. Has to definitely be a bug that I would hope gets patched soon. Im within my 14 days so I'm debating the exchange for the Pixel4 but that looks like a bust on Google side with their new "flagship". :-\

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yup tried it all and no dice. Factory reset, network settings reset, cleared cache partition and factory reset again lol. I even tried rebuilding the APN. Has to definitely be a bug that I would hope gets patched soon. Im within my 14 days so I'm debating the exchange for the Pixel4 but that looks like a bust on Google side with their new "flagship". :-\
Yeah , but try those other texting apps and decide if you'll keep it or not , another phone to look at is One plus , I have the 1+7pro which a solid phone , also have the Note 10+.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

Have you looked at the settings on your wife's phone. It could be a problem on her end.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I bet if you are sending the picture while wifi calling symbol is showing, it will not go thru, try turning off wifi calling then try again, also make sure your wife has her wifi calling off as well tell me if that works.

splink7007

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Your on the unlocked version Samsung?, take my advice 3rd party message app , or maybe look for different device .

No it's locked I believe bro. Yeah wifi calling not even working. Not sure if its AT&T provisioning or bugs with the Notes at this point lol. Might be time to trade in before in stuck

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
No it's locked I believe bro. Yeah wifi calling not even working. Not sure if its AT&T provisioning or bugs with the Notes at this point lol. Might be time to trade in before in stuck

Are you saying that wifi calling doesn't enable or it does enable but don't see icon wifi calling?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith